What's new

To all Pooh fans and Disney completists. (1 Viewer)

Sergio Martorel

Second Unit
Brazil´s Disney is giving away this interesting toy (kind of a "Transformer-Pooh") to anyone purchasing 5 Disney DVDs. I don´t know if there´s a similar promotion anywhere in the world.

Brenton

Screenwriter
What an odd toy. A Pooh that comes apart and does all kinds of creepy things.

Maybe not. Anyone know what kind of drug-laws they have in Brazil?

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Sergio,

That is not true!!!

You are also forgeting about Eeyores Zoloft for kids and Piglets Valium for active housewives... ;)

Sergio Martorel

Second Unit
BTW, when the infamous APOCALYPSE POOH! will be released on DVD?

An obscure but brilliant match-up of Winnie the Pooh cartoons and dialogue from "Apocalypse Now." The Pooh characters and Coppola's characters make some surprisingly well-suited pairs, such as a frantic Piglet mouthing Dennis Hopper's rants, or the casting of Rabbit as the machinist who is "wound too tight for the jungle." The filmmakers even reversed the technique for the Col. Kurtz character, combining footage of Brando with dialogue from Eeyore. And then there's that great closing line: "Oh bother...oh bother..."

The tape I saw also featured two similar combinations of wholesome animation and twisted cinema: "Blue Peanuts," with the Charles Schulz characters mouthing dialogue from "Blue Velvet" (Snoopy as Dennis Hopper...incredible!), and a "music video" of the Archies performing The Sex Pistols' "God Save the Queen."

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
[homer drooling voice] mmmmmmmmmmmm Honey Pot. [homer drooling voice/]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks