What's new

TNT audio triple t speaker cables (1 Viewer)

DaleR

Stunt Coordinator
first allow me to state that i am not a fetishist when it comes to cables. in fact most of my interconnects are only reasonable quality radio shack or generic, the rest are crap. i truly believe that wire is just wire. however, i recently completed a pair of "twisted twins" as described by tnt audio ( www.tnt-audio.com ) and plugged them into my speakers, b&w dm 610s, and receiver, yamaha rx-v520, and was quite simply amazed. the difference was relevatory. has anyone had similar or different experiences with "homemade" cables? oh, by the way, the cables are fantastic.

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
I have been amazed before, but I haven't listened to any DIY cables.

I would like to hear you describe what amazed you, or was relavatory.

DaleR

Stunt Coordinator
rereading my first post i realize that i didn't really make it clear that iwould be interested in making and replacing some of my current interconnects with new homemade ones. if anyone knows of some resources that might help i would appreciate them letting me know. the only problem is that i live in Ottawa Canada and have difficulty finding some of the more esoteric components(like canare) that go into making some of the interesting things i've seen on the web.

DaleR

Stunt Coordinator
well mark i'm not very good at this(which is why i was vague to begin with) but the new cables seem to more accurately transmit the treble and midrange to the drivers. i guess it's the old story of less truly being more. there's less sturm und drang but everything seems more refined. about the best way i can put it is that the opening bell on ac/dc's highway to hell finally sounds like a bell. the shiver of a bell is there. the echo. and the overtones.

another thing i noticed is that words and the sounds of speech making are more clearly defined. things like aspirants and sibilants. that sort of thing.

sorry if this is a hash. i'm really not good at this.

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
Describing differences we are not use to expressing in words is not always easy. I'm not good at it either. What you said made perfect sense to me. I just enjoy hearing about other people's experiences. Enjoy your new sounding system.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
what were you using prior to the diy's and how did you perform your tests?

RicP

Screenwriter
Chu:
This is from the top of this forum and I'm assuming that you've read?
If a member requests information about a particular product this does not give you the license to tell them not to buy it because it will not work. In other words if they did not ask if they should buy it or not do not get into the thread. Posts made just to flame or troll in a thread will get deleted.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
yes RicP, i've read it. the author of the post stated he is not a fetishist and believes wire is wire. he made some wires and indicated vast improvement. it puzzles me how my asking what he used before and how he evaluated the TNT 'twisted twins'. that is hardly inflamatory or trolling, simply an honest question that i hope DaleR will respond to.

RicP

Screenwriter
That's cool. It would be a shame if this were to deteriorate into another wire war.

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
Chu,

it puzzles me how my asking what he used before and how he evaluated the TNT 'twisted twins'.
You didn't ask about his evaluation, you asked how he performed the tests. An evaluation is different from a test. Asking how he performed the "tests" implies that tests were needed, or expected.

DaleR

Stunt Coordinator
oh boy... this is not really what i intended. what i was hoping for was info on simple, inexpensive and easy to make interconnects that i could experiment with. i included my experience with the the twisted twins as an explanation why i would be interested in building my own cables. but here's an attempt to answer some of the questions.

1) i was using 2 strands of radio shack 16 awg speaker wire to biwire my b&ws

2) i did not test or evaluate the new cables. i just listened to them.

3) i don't think that i made any claims that the cables were better than anything but my previous set up.

4) i accidentaly made up a new word: "relevatory". i meant that they were a revelation. to me. that's all. your results may differ.

i still don't believe wire is anything but just wire. but i had fun with the twisted twin project and would be interested in others like it. if you have any good, cheap projects i hope you'll let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks