What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Ticketmaster fun (1 Viewer)

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
I did the ticketbastard thing this morning to get Dave Matthews tickets. The GI Joe's (sporting goods store with Ticketmaster counter) opens at 8 then tickets go on sale at 9. I got there early and was first, sat in my truck with the heat going as it was 22 degrees. I went to the front door about 20 minutes to 8 and was soon joined by another guy and his girlfriend also wanting Dave tickets. At 8 they opened the door and we went inside to the ticket counter, where they told the three of us that we couldn't wait inside, cause if there was a fire we'd be blocking the exit. I tried to make the case that there were only three of us, but no dice. So off we went to stand outside for another hour, luckily, it had warmed up to 26 by then.
Then this other guy shows up in line and he wants Kenny Rogers tickets. Since there were so many of us (3 ticket customers and a girlfriend) they said we'd have to do a lottery, "Ticketmaster rules" she says. the other people in the group were pretty cool, while she was inside, we all agreed that no matter what order we got in the lottery, we'd shuffle around to the same order that we arrived in. When she came back outside with the lottery tickets, i told her what we were gonna do and boy was she pissed and stomped back inside. About 3 minutes to 9, I had to poke my head in to ask pissed off "Customer Service Rep" if the group could come in yet, and she relented. By this time we had expanded to 4 DB customers and 2 Kenny Rogers customers.
I can't believe how badly they treated us.:frowning:

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
That's one hell of a story. I just can't see why the customer service rep would care what you all did.

The funniest part is I had no idea there was a store called GI Joe's. All this time I've wondered why Hasbro or whoever makes all the GI Joe stuff was sponsoring a NASCAR race, now I realize it must be this store. Clearly their marketing isn't working real well.

Ron Etaylor

Second Unit
The way concert ticket buyers are treated is absurd. It is the most un-friendly customer service on the planet. I wonder how many people will tolerate the b.s. I had to go through to pay $275 per ticket to see Simon and Garfunkel.
I won't do that for many acts. Would love to see DMB though.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
At least you got tickets. I've been shut out in Ticketbastard lotteries that I'm sure were rigged with down on their luck (read: homeless) people winding up at the front of the line with fistfuls of cash provided by area ticket brokers ("legalized" scalpers.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks