What's new

Threshold ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Yes. like NBC removed Hawaii from the schedule last fall. They claimed (for a while) it would be back in a few weeks. It wasn't until this summer that my DVR finally removed an "upcoming" episode of Hawaii from the scheduled recordings list.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
From the futoncritic.com

Friday, November 25, 2005 - 11:52 AM
Finish Line Ahead for CBS's 'Threshold'
By Brian Ford Sullivan

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- CBS has pulled Tuesday's previously announced airing of "Threshold."

A repeat of "Criminal Minds" will fill the 10:00/9:00c hour on the night, the final Tuesday of the November sweeps period.

In addition, a source close to the show has confirmed production has been halted on the series.

The news comes on the heels of "Threshold's" disastrous performance on Tuesday, the first of a planned two-week swap with previous occupant "Close to Home" to try and boost both shows' ratings.

Said stunt helped "Close to Home" achieve its highest numbers to date, not to mention the Friday, 9:00/8:00c hour's best numbers since May. Not surprisingly, the show was rewarded with a full season order earlier this week (read the story).

As for "Threshold," preliminary Nielsen ratings from Tuesday (households: 4.4/7; adults 18-49: 2.1) marked the Eye's worst numbers in the Tuesday, 10:00/9:00c hour this season as well as the show's least-watched first-run airing to date.

An official statement about "Threshold's" fate is expected following the holiday weekend.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Oh well, we can't win them all.

I have been watching 'Close to Home' too, but last Friday's ep has me wondering if I'm going to cut it. A carjacking took place right in front of an ATM, and the perp ended up in a video gaming store.

They couldn't get any prints out of the 'jacked car, so they couldn't prove that he actually did it, but no one ever mentioned any video cameras. There was one at the ATM, and even though I don't frequent video gaming stores, I can't imagine one without a video camera.

At this point, I think that 'Threshold' is more believable.

Glenn

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
And just when Threshold seemed to be running out of sailors from the first show to infect people. The show had promise, but didn't quite live up to it so far.

The cancellation of Reunion must be bitter to its fans. I thought it was a season long mystery.

Neil

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I wished CBS would give the word on if they are going to burn off the rest of the episodes before midseason. By my count there are 4 more episodes that have yet to air, including the one originally scheduled for last night.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
CBS would rather air a repeated episode of CSI:X (or Criminal Minds) because those garner more ratings than a first-run episode of Threshold.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

This may be why the ratings were so low. It was supposed to be tonight. :)

I do hope they at least run the remaining episodes at some point. There are still episodes of Karen Sisco (and a few other shows) that I haven't seen.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Surely they could burn off the remaining episodes on the TV Graveyard known as Saturday Night. CBS' reruns of Cold Case on Saturday Nights pull in the kind of ratings that Threshold pulled down.

derek

Second Unit
Of the new network scifi series (Threshold, Invasion, Surface) I thought Threshold was slow out of the gate but the past few episodes have been very good and pushed it above the others. Would hope it gets a full season at least now that it has 'spread its wings' so to say. I think moving it to Tuesday was a bad idea IMHO.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I'm really disappointed that Threshold is done. But like I said on the 10th, all it really takes for a new show to die is to change its night. There are more close to home viewers than threshold, so if you split out the folks that didn't know then of course close to home will get more viewers in a different night than threshold would. Even if they do air the remaining episodes no one will watch them and then they'll officially say its dead. Why even bother with the remaining episodes, its pointless since they KNOW the numbers will be low. Its not rocket science to pick out which shows will die and which will live. Sometimes I think they just toss shows in the schedule to take up time for a mid season show thats not ready yet. Then they have a big press release saying how disappointed they are in the show when they knew all along that they were going to "cancel" it anyways.

I think this season I watched less new shows than any other season just because its a waste of time to sit through half a story/season.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
This thread has gotten more activity since the show's been cancelled than it had when it was still on.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, CBS has paid for them; might as well get some use out of them - just not in valuable timeslots during sweeps.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Friday, isn't automatically a death slot. CBS probably looked at Close to Home's demographics and realized that it could attract a Friday night audience better than Threshold.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
My problem with Threshold was how they never seemed to advance the central mystery of the show after the pilot. It was the same mystery, week after week. I, like a lot of people, started to get bored with the "monster of the week."

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Close to Home's Numbers improved in the Friday Timeslot and Thresholds did not after getting moved to Tuesday. It was the second timeslot given to the show and ratings were not good on either night hence the cancellation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks