What's new

THPS3 - which platform??? (1 Viewer)

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
What are the differences between Tonk Hawk 3 on PS2 and GCN? I've never played either of the previous Tony Hawk games, so being used to the controls isn't an issue for me. I ordered the PS2 version originally because it came out sooner, but it took forever to get to me and I'm thinking of exchanging it for the GCN version. Since it's probably a straight up port from the PS2, are there any framerate issues or anything for GCN? I haven't heard much about this title either way, so any input would be great.

Thanks,

Drew

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Tony Hawk 3 for the GCN feature wise is almost identical to the PS2. The only thing missing is the online play capability. I rented the PS2 version and enjoyed it a great deal but am going to wait to purchase as there too many other things I would prefer to get.

I have also played the GCN version quite a bit as a friend brought his copy over to my house to play. The GCN port does suffer from a bit of framerate slowdown in some particular levels when compared to the PS2. Its not horrid mind you but it is apparent. These problems are negligible in the end as the gameplay is still intact and it is still a great game. I thought I would mention it nonetheless.

All in all if you are trying to decide which to purchase I say go for the PS2 version. The online play and improved framerate are well worth it.

Andre F

Screenwriter
I got it for the PS2 because I couldn't wait for the Gamecube version. I love it!

-Andre F

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I would say to go for the PS2 version because the videos aren't as crammed onto the disc. They are compressed better so they look a little better.

Otherwise, they are identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks