This Is Cinerama At The Hollywood Dome - Unofficial Dates

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter Kline, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

According to a very reliable source, the film will play between Friday October 4 and Thursday October 10. Probably be 3 shows a day during week and possibly 4 on weekend. No official confirmation yet from Pacific theatres however. I plan on being there (apologies to P.S.). [​IMG]

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I've mentioned this event to some other area members, each one of them positive about seeing this three-projector extravaganza.
    So, people, chime in here if you would like to make a small HTF event out of this. We shall coordinate around Peter Kline's availability (which means he can't back out of this!).
    (I assume the other, identically titled post is a dupe, Peter. I'll go ahead and strike it from the record. [​IMG])

3. Peter Kline

Jack,

Sorry about the triple post. Was having trouble with the submit command.

Peter

4. Ken Garrison

Ken Garrison Supporting Actor

Oh, man. I'd like to see what "THIS IS CINERAMA" is like. I imagine it was a real shocker back in the 50's. Hell with IMAX. Cinerama is better, IMO.

5. Peter Kline

Ken.

It was such a amazing thing that the New York Times put the review at the bottom of the front page. Never before or since.

There's a good chance that the new print of TIC will eventually play at the Seattle Cinerama theatre after the Dome run.

Ol' 3 -eye is back!