Third TPM DVD in works? (1 Viewer)

Brennan Hill

Stunt Coordinator
Wow!
Link Removed
Third Episode I DVD Disc Rumored
Wed, Oct 24, 01 06:12:56 PM EDT
Obi-Wan69 sends in this news item. From today's Dark Horizons' update:
"Also, rumors have it that there may be another Star Wars DVD coming. Fan response to the extras on the second DVD disc of "the Phantom Menace" has been great but many are wishing Lucas had kept in some scenes hinted at in the audio commentary or briefly glimpsed in the "making of" documentaries (such as more of the lightsaber duel). Also, the main "making of" documentary's early cut ran four hours, leaving tons of left behind footage. Now, rumors are starting that Lucasfilm may release a "supplemental" DVD disc, packed with more extras, including more commericals, more scenes and maybe even a section on the media coverage of the film. No official word yet but if it happens, it would be the first time a DVD has been released packed with nothing but extras. Would be cool, if it goes through."

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
icon13.gif

Lucasfilm needs to worry about getting the presentation of the film itself corrected before I even think about buying any other Star Wars related DVD. I would give the whole disc 2 of the current release to have a picture free from EE.
Kevin C.

Blu

Screenwriter
I want to know why concentrate on this when they could be doing something like....oh.....say......STAR WARS TRILOGY!!

David Ely

Supporting Actor
Well .... I'd have absolutely no problem shelling out the cash for the 4 hour original cut of the documentary.

DanR

Supporting Actor
If you'll remember, there were some early rumors that The Phantom Menace would possibly be a three disc set. It sounds like they "settled" for a 2-disc set, but now they realize that they could have easily done a 3-disc set and people would have loved it even more.
If this is true, I just hope we don't have to cut up our sleeves for a proof of purchase to get a third disc. I'd rather pay $5 for it.
Regards,
Dan

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
While I'd rather they fixed the image on the current disc, I think offering a third disc, that ships in one of Nexpak's 3 disc cases would be a good idea. I hate that flippy case.
Also, with regards to the DVDROM content they should create an interface that can be used on all platforms. The IBM only restriction is crap.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc
[Edited last by Jeff Ulmer on October 24, 2001 at 11:54 PM]

Greg Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
For most movies I'd just say forget it. I could care less about the matrix revisited disc, but I'd buy this one in a heartbeat. (Go ahead Lucas, take more of my money) :)
Although I doubt we'll be seeing this one for $5, hopefully they won't charge a full dvd price for this one.
------------------
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
Wishin' & hopin'
Bring it on
drool.gif

------------------
"Want to hold up a bank in Latin?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
(I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)
My DVD List

Shane Bass

Grip
I would absolutely buy a third disc for the Phantom Menace. I would love to see the 4 hour version of "The Beginning" as well as the lightsaber duel unedited. We caught a brief glimpse of the edited parts at the end of the documentary on the seven deleted scenes. How about the lightsaber fight on the ramp of the queen's ship? All of this is excellent stuff that most people would love to see. Count me in!!!!! :)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I'd buy it. A great documentary.
Regarding this comment...
[/quote]...with regards to the DVDROM content they should create an interface that can be used on all platforms. The IBM only restriction is crap.[/quote]
This question was brought up at DreamWorks last month, specifically with regards to Shrek and Mac. The issue is not at the studio level - it's with Macintosh. Apparently they have little interest in this stuff.
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no messiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

JasonH

Grip
Doesn't it seem more likely that we'd get an "Episode 1: The Super Duper Special Edition" including all the new material, along with the old material, for like $40 or something? When was the last time Lucas released new supplementary material and didn't re-release a movie?
Jason

Kami

Screenwriter
I'd buy it. "The Beginning" was the best documentry/featurette/supplemental feature I have ever watched and I'd love to see a 4 hour cut.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
I'd really like to see more documentary footage from The Begining, so I'd buy it! :)
Gregory

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks