What's new

Thinking of purchasing Pioneer VSXD912K (1 Viewer)

Tom Martinez

Auditioning
What do you guys think about this receiver, Pioneer VSXD912K? I have one readily available for an AWESOME price. I know that my current OLD sony PRO LOGIC 5 channel receiver NEEDS to be gone by now, so what do you guys htink?

Chuck_W

Second Unit
I had the 912 and found it to be very good for home theater. For music I would say its average, and it is lacking a little in bass management (no crossover settings below 100hz). Home Theater magazine gave it a good write-up, as did CNET. I would say it's a good bargain at some of the prices I've seen lately ($250 at Costco).

stevie ray

Auditioning
I've also been looking at this receiver,which you can get for about a 100-150 less than the 914K which got a lower rating from CNET than the 912K. What's up with that? Does the 914K have OSD? The 912k doesn't. The specs on both looked units looked the same to me. Steve

Chuck_W

Second Unit

I think their reasoning is that the 914 didn't have enough improvements over the 912 to keep up with the improvements in the competition from Denon, Yamaha, etc.

I don't think the 914 has on-screen display...but don't quote me on that.

Nathan Stohler

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan Stohler
I picked up this receiver at Circuit City last summer to replace my Sony that seemed to take a power surge during a storm. It was a floor model, and I got it for $250.

I'm very happy with the VSX-D912. The only complaint I have is that you can't watch the video for one source while listening to the audio from another, which my Sony was able to do. Sometimes I like to channel surf while I'm listening to the CD player. And yes, 100 hz is the lowest crossover available. I can live with that, but that may be a problem for you if you have some capable speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks