What's new

Things to do with fruit stickers at work.. (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I've been plastering my telephone on my desk at work with all those stickers you find on apples, peaches, bananas, etc. I've got so many stickers on my phone, I'm running out of room. I have a couple friends plastering their PC monitors but the heat from the monitor sometimes makes the glue turn to mush.

When people ask to use my phone, I tell them yeah, you can use the Banana Phone, because that's what I originally started since I normally bring bananas to work. But sometimes I get the occasional plum, apple, or pear. The pear ones are the worst because the pear skin are thin and sometimes comes off with the sticker. It seems the plum and apple ones are good, even the Dole banana stickers are good. However, the larger Chiquita and Del Monte banana stickers are not as strong.

Jay

LewB

Screenwriter
[rant]Don't know what to do with these things except rant about their existence. They only seem to be on stuff that is easily recognized like apples, grapes, lemon, lime, etc. Not on the tough stuff that causes the checker to ask you what the stuff is so they can look it up on their code sheet.[/rant]
I always seem to make a mess of the fruit skin taking them off too ! :angry:
OK, I feel a bit better now.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Speaking of recognizable fruits, my sister bought a huge bag full of Lychee fruit from Shop Rite, which is your basic American grocery mall, similar to A&P (Food Lion), Pathmark, Price Chopper, etc. etc. Now the Lychee Fruit is mostly an asian delicacy and typically expensive and found only in asian food stores, they're usually like ~$5 a pound. Well my sister happened to be in Shop Rite one day and saw them there, a rare find indeed and not only did she find big bags full of them, they were 79 cents PER BAG which probably was like 2lbs in each bag. So of course, she bought a bag and brought it down to Delaware for father's day. My dad said she should of bought them all cause they are never that cheap. Me thinks it's a case of Shop Rite mistakenly labelling them as the sticker was labelled "misc" and it wasn't like a cashier had to figure out what they were.
BTW, if anybody has a chance of finding them, try it, they're real yummy and sweet. Just peel the outside shell and expell the pit in the middle, the fruit is moist and sweet and hopefully the better ones have smaller pits.
Jay

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah, ive had lychees before.. they're everywhere in Vancouver because of the huge asian population...
There are also a similar fruit called 'Longans', iunno what the specific american name is, but translated it means 'Dragon eyes'... Anyways, they're like lychees, but with thinner skin...
If you guys like that, there are also these little jelly cups thatll have lychee/longan flavour jelly inside, then a chunk of the fruit (well at least it tastes like it)... Those are good...
Link Removed
http://www.proscitech.com/trop/display/longan.htm

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yup, I have tried the "longans" before and also those little jello-ish cups before. I have a vietnamese friend at work who brings them in all the time...

What I remember always eating when I was growing up is the "White Rabbit" candy, the ones with the rice paper that you can eat and something called "Haw flakes" which are made of haw and sugar.. Now to find out exactly what "haw" is...

My parents always talk about the Durians, the ones that stink but supposedly taste real good. Myself have never tried one before though.

My sister also bought a huge bunch of them when in Calgary, Alberta and they were supposed to fly back to the states that day, well customs wouldn't let them take the Lychee back and they basically had to gorge themselves sick eating them all..

Jay

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Ha-ha..that's pretty funny sticking those things everywhere!
Do you guys have any pictures of the Banana-phone, or of the monitor covered? Or a wall?

That would be funny to see.

~Rob

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Remember that simpsons episode where they go to the police stationi and see al those banana stickers all over the radio? :laugh:
anyways, yeah durains stink and taste like crap... its kinda like... Sea urchin sushi, but its a more solid texture... eww... anyways yeah

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I can't take a picture of my phone because we aren't allowed to bring any recording devices to work since it's a secure facility. But I have almost every inch covered soon except for the ear and mouthpiece. I figured nobody would use it if I covered up the mic and the speaker!

I lost a banana today, it got smushed on it's transit on my bike. I need to make a banana protection system to keep it from moving in my panniers. I got banana guts all over my shirt and my CDs I brought in today. Guts everywhere, the horror...the horror.....the horror....the horror..

This is the end....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks