What's new

Theater Update (Revised 11.15.04) (1 Viewer)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Jay, why don't you put the link to your theater in your profile or your signature so that people not seeing this thread can visit? It's quite amazing the amount of work put into this room, I think I'll ball up into the fetal position to know how much it all cost.:eek:

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member

You and me both! I've been sucking my thumb for weeks now. :)

Good idea re: the link. I'll have to do that when I get back to a PC. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Looking for some input. As much as I had a defined idea of the look of this room I am completely blocked in deciding what to do with the counter. Here is the link. Any suggestions? Brainstorming welcome.

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator
i love the darker color. i actually wanted to do something similar but put some comfy bar chairs there. but in our space we are going to have some awkward unused space that i thought maybe we can do a wet bar. but i want the room also to be used for a meeting room. but anyhoot, i like the darker color. the lighter color calls your attention to it. do you want the bar to be the focal point in the room? if not, blend it in with the rest of the room more.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member

I agree for precisely the same reason. I don't want the counter to be the first thing that jumps at you. Right now that darker splotch in the picture looks really cool on its own, but taken with the room there's not enough contrast. When looking to the back it blends into the back wall and it doesn't really separate itself from the counter carcass.

I'm now thinking of a dark metallic bronze. You can't see it in any of the pictures but there is this color glaze on the counter carcass (I should add this to the site). The door handle is antique dark, dark brown with aged bronze accents. I'll carry this glaze color into the arch in the foyer. Plus I have something special in mind to dress up the otherwise plain solid core stained door.

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
Beautiful work Jay.

I love the layout and color of the room. I also like the "bar" seating at the rear. That's something I've had in my head to do if I get the chance to do a dedicated room.
I prefer a room with simple lines, that is more "cozy" and your room fits that idea perfectly IMO. Only thing missing is some acoustic treatment. Any plans for adding treatment later?

Also, did you have plans from a custom HT company/installer or is it pretty much your design?

Tom D

Stunt Coordinator
How about some kind of a pattern with an inlay like 2 triangles facing each other and having a 2 tone finish, dark inside the triangle and lighter outside...just a thought...regards

ScottATL

Stunt Coordinator
Jay, on the front stage riser why didn't you extend it out to the side walls to put your front speakers on? Was it cosmetic only?

Also, how did the rope lighting on the bulkheads work out for you? I had a different idea but the way you did it seems a little less effort then the way I was thinking of. Also, why did you put it at the bottom of the bulkhead, instead of at the top with an opening close to the ceiling? could you put a picture a little further back showing the crown and it's relative distance to the ceiling.

thanks

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Sure - I'll get one from the back wall center and use a wide angle lens. Just have to wait a bit as I've been quite busy. For reference the bulkhead is 13" high and the moulding is 5" (if I recall). It sits about an inch up from the bottom of the bulkhead which is where the edge breaks into the bullnose.

ScottATL

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Jay, no hurry on that picture, it will be a few weeks before I am that far. I think my bulkhead will end up being about 12.5 inches after I put in my header to eliminate a closet. Its the perfect amount to also run the HVAC ducts, so you are providing perfect examples for me.

BrianKR

Second Unit
Your room is incredible!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks