What's new

The world's most remote movie theater! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I read this article at the advice of columnist David Poland, and halfway through it I knew my HTF movie pals would enjoy it.
Here's the gist: Indie-flick producer (and author of the generally adored book Spike, Mike, Slackers & Dykes) has moved to Fiji (with his entire family) to open a FREE movie theater for the citizens. It makes a lot more sense once you read the article:
Fiji!!!!
Enjoy.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
I've seen a movie in Fiji, although not on Taveuni, but in Lautoka (on Viti Levu.) My brother (who was in the in the Peace Corps there) and I were waiting for the weather to clear so a village boat could take us to Naviti Island in the Yasawa group.

The theater was old, the prints old and tattered and there was no air-conditioning. We saw The Big Blue by Luc Besson and some awful B-movie whose name escapes me. The second movie had a fair amount of swearing, violence and sexuality. The more outrageous parts caused a fair amount of giggling amongst the audience and every swear word caused the older Fijian lady seated behind us to go "tut, tut, tut."

It was just one part of a wonderful 3 week expereince for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks