What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Woman King (2022) (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
about half of Titanic
Which Titanic film are you referring to? If it’s Cameron’s, I would say apart from the fictional characters, its depiction of the disaster is about 95% accurate. I’ve read tons of Titanic books too.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Which Titanic film are you referring to? If it’s Cameron’s, I would say apart from the fictional characters, its depiction of the disaster is about 95% accurate. I’ve read tons of Titanic books too.

Agree.

I was meaning that the fictional characters take up about half of the movie.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Viola Davis appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live yesterday to promote the theatrical re-release of The Woman King this weekend. This is a veery fun interview, but the clip they chose to show during her appearance is a huge spoiler. I hope they don't use that clip at awards shows when she is nominated; they should be able to find a compelling clip that doesn't reveal a plot twist.

Anyway, here's the video for those interested.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Viola Davis appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live yesterday to promote the theatrical re-release of The Woman King this weekend. This is a veery fun interview, but the clip they chose to show during her appearance is a huge spoiler. I hope they don't use that clip at awards shows when she is nominated; they should be able to find a compelling clip that doesn't reveal a plot twist.

Anyway, here's the video for those interested.

The movie's title is a spoiler! :D

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
My wife and I finally just watched this. Despite the controversy regarding the white washing of the true historical facts, my wife and I really enjoyed this film as entertainment and definitely not a history lesson.

Davis, Lynch and newcomer Mbedu were terrific. Great stirring action scenes and plenty of emotion.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Also I want to mention that this is probably the most violent PG-13 film I have seen since Red Dawn in 1984. The amount of people killed (bloodlessly) on screen is staggering.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Also I want to mention that this is probably the most violent PG-13 film I have seen since Red Dawn in 1984.

I have no evidence for this, but my guess is that the PG-13 rating was probably mandated by the studio. There have been other films in the past where it got an R when submitted and then they edited it down until they got PG-13. I don't know if that happened here or not, but it would not surprise me.

Doug2000

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
We liked the film a lot. Generated strong emotions for my wife and I, as we became heavily invested in the main characters. A more sophisticated (and longer) version could have developed the antagonist characters more, but its very good as is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks