What's new

THE WIRE season 3 (ongoing thread) (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

Anthony S.

Agent
Seems like nobility gets lost in the Wire world. First season, Wallace, second season, Sobokta, this season, Colvin.

I had a bittersweet feeling about this episode. It felt like a series ender. I know Chase said he had to do it both ways, but still.

I'd like to see how Prop Joe and the others deal with Marlo w/o Stringer.

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Yeah it would've been nice to see some closure regarding Marlo. If one character deserved to get got, it was Marlo. I can see Prop. Joe and his co-horts eventually contracting Omar/Brother Mouzone to take Marlo out due to his reckless ambitions. Btw I can't hardly wait for the Jan. 25, 2005 release of The Wire Season Two... And hope that Season Three doesn't take forever to be release.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Why would Prop Joe want to get Marlo? They were ready and willing to work with Marlo. It was Barksdale who was standing in the way. I could see Prop Joe and the others supporting Marlo now because he is stronger and more organized than the Barksdale crew can be after the arrests.

James St

Supporting Actor
How much of the Barksdale crew is even left? Many were busted with weapons when police served the warrant for Avon. I doubt Slim Charles can maintain the corners with most of the muscle locked up.

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
Sorry if this has been covered already. I heard that a fourth season is in question (if not doubt) from an interview with one of the creators. I've never written a letter to save a show before, but I may do it this time. This show is a one of a kind, and should not be put to rest. He also said that they still have a lot of story to tell, and they want to explore the Baltimore eductation system next year. It could be another season like 2 where the Barksdale/Marlo/Prop Joe story line can slip to the background a bit and be interwoven with another story. Then in season 5, it becomes the primary arc again. Yeah yeah... it's a longshot, but I can hope.

Chris

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit

Because of his ambitious personality, he (Marlo) will eventually make a move to takeover more territory, thus causing another street war. His character doesn't strike me as the type to remain content running a few corners. In someways he's A cross-breed of Avon and Stringer: Avon's street-like thuggery and Stringer's sense of expansion, he's not going to allow Old School (Prop. Joe) to dictate where, when and how to sale his product.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Daryl,

I don't think this has been shown to be true. Marlo wants his corners but he was willing to deal with Prop Joe. Prop Joe was also willing to deal with him.

As you mention, Marlo is no dummy. I don't think he would foolishly go against not one but a host of rival dealers acting under one banner.

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
I said eventually he will look to expand without the approval of Prop Joe or his co-horts because he has that "gangsta hip hop" mentality that will ultimately lead to A confrontation with the established old-guard that Marlo will eventually come to interpret as weak. That's why he (Marlo) and his constituents had the balls to go against an established power base that was Avon and Stringer. Remember when Marlo and Stringer had their little pow wow (that was sanctioned by Prop Joe) and as soon as Stringer left, Marlo instructed his second in command to order his crew to "tool-up" ie "get strapped". That displays A total lack of respect for the established power base. It's basic evolution or the old adage: Out with the old. In with the new.

lorna

Auditioning
I heard that HBo are planning to cancel the wire.

For information on how to save the wire for getting cancelled go to the websites
tvtome -Wire
petitiononline
savethewire

Also e-mail or phone HBO

and tell friends about the websites

lorna

Auditioning
No, the ratings was low compared to the other two seasons of the wire (because they put it on the same time as Desperate Housewives this year)and also it does not get nominated for any Emmy's, SAG and golden globes Awards. That's why HBO wants to cancel the show for.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I recommend the previous page of this thread, where all of this has been discussed at length.

M.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
It is too bad if this show is cancelled. My wife and I watched every episode of the first 3 seasons, and think this show is one of the best dramas on TV.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
The following is from Variety.com. It's dated Jan. 13, 2005, but was posted within the last day:

M.

lorna

Auditioning
Here is the actual transcript of the Winter 2005 TCA Tour about the wire

After speaking about "Unscripted"...

"The second thing that I wanted to mention, and I know there have been
a lot of questions and this may head a lot of people off at the pass,
deals with "The Wire." And I have received, I think, a telegram from
every view of "The Wire," all 250 of them.

(Laughter.)

And we have tremendous support in our hearts for "The Wire." We're
very proud of the show. I think that the first three seasons of "The
Wire" have been as good as anything that's been on television in a
long time. We're in the process of meeting with David Simon to hear
what his vision is for the show, because it's completely of his own
volition and through his own vision. I think David brought the third
season of "The Wire" to a place where he certainly resolved the
stories of several of the key characters. And I think it would be
very important, for however many seasons of "The Wire" that end up on
air, that they each are able to fulfill the promise of the first
three.

So we are actively talking to David. We are huge David Simon fans.
And no decision has been made on "The Wire," and probably won't be
made for the next several weeks. David's in the process of actually
writing something for us and we're waiting for delivery on it. And I
have nothing else to tell you about that because, as I said, there
have been no decisions that have been made."

He then preps to show a 90 second preview of "Rome."

lorna

Auditioning
There is a seminar in New York on thursday, with some of the cast and crew of the wire, so they might tell us there about season 4

lorna

Auditioning
The Wire Petition is at:
petitiononline.com/wire4th/petition.html

Also go to save the wire website for other ideas on how to save the show and also there is a new wire season 1 and 2 dvd survey there:

savethewire.com

Also go to the hbo website and e-mail them at:

hbo.com/apps/submitinfo/contactus/submit.do?title=The%20Wire&questiontype=thewire

Tell friends about the websites

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks