What's new

The ultimate guilty pleasure movie...'THE CHASE'. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yep, i'm speaking of none other than that movie with Charlie Sheen where he kidnaps bratty Kristy Swanson and they spend the rest of the film driving hell bent through LA in her stolen cherry red sports car with cop Henry Rollins hot on their heels. :)

I'll say it now, I like this movie. It's incredibly simplistic and even a bit stupid, but I like it. It's aged well, mostly because of all those Wildest Police Videos shows that cropped up, the film is a funny commentary on all those shows I think. It's just a wild ride with all sorts of crazy charactors, like that kid in the conveniant store "Thar she blows!!!", Laura Palmers dad from Twin Peaks turning in a manic performance as Dalton Voss, father of Swansons charactor and all around jerk, and we can't forget Flea and Anthony Keidis from The Red Hot Chilli Peppers now can we?

I like the films photography and manic energy, it almost has a Jan Debont-ish quality to the editing and film style, similar to Speed, but that's where the similarities between the two films end I think. :) It's not a classic by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a good enough time waster.

Anyone else dare to speak up for fear of ridicule? ;)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
At first I thought you were referring to the terrific movie The Chase with Robert Redford, Jane Fonda, and Marlon Brando. :)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
John, I agree with you. I love this ultimate of all parodies. I love the Flea and Anthony Keidis characters when they are talking to the news woman.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Its a "REAL" guilty pleasure for me, I remember when it first came out, the reason being that I used to have a huge crush on Kristy Swanson :b.

Haven't seen it in a few years, might have to dig it up when I have some time.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
I love the movie. It has one of my all-time favorite post-end-credits scenes. No matter how many times I see it, it still slays me.

John^Lal

Stunt Coordinator
I find guilty pleasure movies to be hard to swallow. I can't help but ask how realistic a scene is. I mean, driving 100mph and having sex may be great, but it sure ain't realistic, oh well, as i said, i'm not good with popcorn flicks
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif
, not me

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
This is indeed a very fun little movie and I really loved the absurdity of it. They have sex in the car goin like 100mph, lol!

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Well, the ultimate guilty pleasure flick would be Flash Gordon, but The Chase isn't bad. I like the part featuring the cadavers :)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Flash Gordon would be up there as well.

Another guilty pleasure is another Charlie Sheen film involving cars: "The Wraith". :D

Jason

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I love Flash Gordon; no guilt involved whatsoever.

If you're judging a film on how well it does what it sets out to do, Flash Gordon is a damn fine movie.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
It's a fun one to watch, I usually watch it if I come across it while flipping.

Plus Mrs. Swanson is so hot.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I agree it's the funniest post-credits scene ever, I was going to mention it but John Spencer beat me to it:

Charlie Sheen, wearing the clown costume and driving the car, does a very convincing impression of the entire Robert Duvall "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" speech from Apocalypse Now.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Although I still wish the film would've ended after Sheen's dream sequence, I can't deny that I really like watching this film. Absurd, sure...but still a great view.

"I said kick it to me, Pele" :D

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks