What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Gangolf

Agent
Real Name
Ronald
Nearly 2,66:1 ?
IMMDB.com says "Cinerama and Super Cinerama-Prints" ! What does that mean?
2.2:1 and rectified 2,6:1?

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
IMDB has a lot of mistakes. Never heard of Super Cinerama prints. Super Cinerama was a term for Cinerama theatres that were built for Cinerama instead of old theatres that were converted to Cinerama.

Cinerama prints of Ultra Panavision (2.76:1 AR) movies were rectified - (see below from http://www.widescreenmuseum.com/widescreen/wingcr6.htm).

"gradient squeeze beginning at the center, with no squeeze at all, and gradually applying a squeeze towards the outside edges that would be naturally removed by the image being projected against the oblique curved sides of the Cinerama screen. "

Cinerama theatres had different screen sizes (some with screens over 100 feet wide), curvatures varying from 90 to 146 degrees, and AR - 2:1 to 3:1.

More info on Cinerama can be found on my web site, link below.

Gangolf

Agent
Real Name
Ronald
Hello Roland!

this site was my information too! But you can read here "The maximum aspect ratio from these rectified prints was approximately 2.6:1 as measured along the curve or just over 2:1 as seen from the back of the theatre.!"

Your site looks great, also! I'm loving both sides. Yours and widescreenmuseum!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Hello Roland!

this site was my information too! But you can read here "The maximum aspect ratio from these rectified prints was approximately 2.6:1 as measured along the curve or just over 2:1 as seen from the back of the theatre.!"

That was for Cinerama screens that had an AR of 2.6 but some Cinerama theatres had screens with 3.1 AR.

Quatermass II

Second Unit
Real Name
John Hayes
Hello Roland!

Hi Ronald

If you like those sites, have a look at mine, too - there might be something of interest for you there.
www.widescreenmovies.org

Gangolf

Agent
Real Name
Ronald
Great site! Thanks a lot!
I am very interested in pictures of the cinerama movie premieres and 70mm premieres. I didn't find a picture from the premiere of "The Halleluja Trail"! I searched "the whole" web !
I found awesome short movies of the premiere from "King of Kings" and "zhivago"! They are great. But this is offtopic sorry. It's my enthusiasm :) Your're pictures from "Greatest story" and "How the west" at the ABC Birmingham are fantastic.I can't see enough stuff from this stuff.
I hope you understand my school-english!

Last edited:

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I didn't find a picture from the premiere of "The Halleluja Trail"! I searched "the whole" web !

Premiere at Denver Cinerama International 70 theatre:

internationalht.jpg

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I received my shipping notice from SA this morning.

I called SA yesterday. I was debating whether to post a report of my conversation. I will, but with this preface: this is not intended to elicit a response from TT, nor to ignite any sort of animosity.

The lady I spoke with at SA was already frustrated. Virtually upfront, she thanked me for being polite, not because she knew my character, but in contrast to the "hateful" (her word) emails she had been receiving.

So, again taking into consideration that she was frustrated, she started to say something, actually did say almost the entire sentence, and then sort of trailed-off at the very end, saying "I probably shouldn't be saying this".

But, since I did hear virtually the entire sentence (or thought) before she trailed-off, she was in fact saying that she thinks TT fulfilled orders placed on their website before sending copies to SA so SA could fulfill their orders.

I do not know the name of the lady to whom I spoke, nor her title at SA, so for all I know, she could be a single frustrated (or rogue) employee. In other words, her thought may be only her thought, and not the (official) thought of the company.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I received my order from TT yesterday, I plan on watching three of the following titles this weekend.

Cowboy
The Big Heat
Where the Sidewalk Ends

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
My order was mailed out today .(Cowboy,Big Heat,Where the sidewalk ends and Support Your Local Sheriff df). Hope to get it by Monday ,

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I always import TT titles from SA who are always very efficient. Are there any differences between ordering direct from TT?

Ordering from Twilight Time direct (twilighttimemovies.com) is faster delivery. From what I understand, they get their titles out of the warehouse sooner than SAE.

I received my order from TT yesterday, I plan on watching three of the following titles this weekend.

Cowboy
The Big Heat
Where the Sidewalk Ends

My plans as well with the addition of SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHERIFF.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ordering from Twilight Time direct (twilighttimemovies.com) is faster delivery. From what I understand, they get their titles out of the warehouse sooner than SAE.

My plans as well with the addition of SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHERIFF.
I have that title too, but I plan on watching it next week.

Gangolf

Agent
Real Name
Ronald
Great pictures ! Thank you very much. Unfortunately no pictures from outside the cinema!
I love to see the decoration of the cinemas from this great movies

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
All this Hallelujah talk is really teasing. I've been wanting to replace my DVD with a Blu-ray for a long time now. No, it isn't a classic, but it's great fun anytime Burt Lancaster's smile lights up the screen like a harvest moon. Speaking of which, where's The Rainmaker on BD?!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks