What's new

The Street Fighter (Sonny Chiba) (1 Viewer)

Mathias Klemme

Stunt Coordinator
There seem to be quite a few DVD editions of this one out there. I found 2 diferent ones on ebay (one from "Front Row Features") and another at amazon (a double feature with "Return of the Street Fighter"). Can anyone recommend one of those? And why are there so many different editions out there?
Mathias

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I got one of the Diamond DVDs (w/Return), but returned it. The quality isn't awful, but it's not as good as the Image/New Line laserdiscs that came out in the late '90's (which I was going to replace). The picture is very soft; I'm sure this is just a port from a 1" master.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Ricky,
If you haven't seen The Street Fighter yet -- the sequels are kind of forgettable -- you haven't lived. A lot of the action in "Romeo Must Die" is ripped directly out of this film (x-ray kung fu!). It's great.

Rob_C

Stunt Coordinator
While the video quality wasn't the greatest, the package with Streetfighter/Return of Streetfighter is worth the purchase. You can find it anywhere for under $10. I paid $6.99 for mine at a store known for overpricing.

Mattias_ka

Supporting Actor
Mark Cappelletty: I also have the LD and it's VERY good.
Did they release all 4 streetfighter on ld or?

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Mattias,
I think they did, but waited so long to release the sequels on LD that I didn't even realize that they were out before they went OOP. I found "The Street Fighter's Last Revenge" at an outlet store for $4 last winter.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
If I remember right, In True Romance clarence was watching this in the theater
absolutely correct...something about a routine he always does on his b-day.
btw - i love true romance. one of my all-time faves!
------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
If I remember right, In True Romance clarence was watching this in the theater
Well, VCI is releasing these on DVD to coincide with the release of True Romance:SE, on September 24.
Street Fighter
Street Fighter's Last Revenge
Street Fighter Saga (Box Set) (Contains "The Street Fighter", "Return of the Street Fighter", "Sister Street Fighter", "The Street Fighter's Last Revenge")

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Cool! I might just have to pick up The Street Fighter. Guilty pleasure, mind you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks