What's new

The State on DVD "seems to be stuck in some sort of quagmire between MTV Home Video" (1 Viewer)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Man, this sucks. As has been reported on TVShowsOnDVD.com one of the few shows ever produced by MTV actually worth viewing regularly was on its way to DVD, and with extensive extras, but according to the former troupe's official site, www.the-state.com as of 12/14/03

"The project seems to be stuck in some sort of quagmire between MTV Home Video and Paramount Home Video. We're trying to cut through the red tape - keep signing the petition and write letters to both companies..."

Gord, Dave, what can we do to recitfy this? I can't miss the chance to own one of my favorite shows ever due to a "quagmire" between two studios owned by the same friggin' company! Based on the nature of the show, I don't see "music rights" or any of the usual red tape applying.

Man, I wish Martin Blythe was still around...Martin, buddy, we need your help!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Nick, I've emailed the head of MTV Home Entertainment. If I hear anything back I'll post it to the site.

Gord

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
Well that stinks.

At this rate we'll probably see tripe like "Rich (and really really ugly) Girls" on DVD before The State.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks