The State on DVD "seems to be stuck in some sort of quagmire between MTV Home Video"

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Nick Graham, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

Man, this sucks. As has been reported on TVShowsOnDVD.com, one of the few shows ever produced by MTV actually worth viewing regularly was on its way to DVD, and with extensive extras, but according to the former troupe's official site, www.the-state.com as of 12/14/03

"The project seems to be stuck in some sort of quagmire between MTV Home Video and Paramount Home Video. We're trying to cut through the red tape - keep signing the petition and write letters to both companies..."

Gord, Dave, what can we do to recitfy this? I can't miss the chance to own one of my favorite shows ever due to a "quagmire" between two studios owned by the same friggin' company! Based on the nature of the show, I don't see "music rights" or any of the usual red tape applying.

Man, I wish Martin Blythe was still around...Martin, buddy, we need your help!

2. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Nick, I've emailed the head of MTV Home Entertainment. If I hear anything back I'll post it to the site.

Gord

3. Jeff Reis

Jeff Reis Stunt Coordinator

Well that stinks.

At this rate we'll probably see tripe like "Rich (and really really ugly) Girls" on DVD before The State.