What's new

The Simpsons...cover art color speculations (1 Viewer)

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
I've been curious about what some of the colors of future Simpsons season sets might use. At the same time I was wondering what the complete series would look like on a shelf. So I decided to fire up photoshop and see what I could come up with. Now I'm no expert on photoshop so this won't look perfect. I have no headshots because it would have taken too long to find suitable ones to use for the unreleased 11 seasons. How's about some opinions on my color choices? The majority are just plain guesswork, but no one ever knows...

Seth--L

Screenwriter
Who cares? Not to thread crap (oh, what the hell), but I've never understood this obsession with cover art. Do you guys hang the boxes on your walls? I don't care how ugly the art is. I'm going to keep buying until the show begins to suck (around season 10).

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Obviously you may not care about the cover art, but many, many other people do. I don't consider playing around like this an obsession. I'm killing time waiting around for announcements for the next release. Besides, if Fox is smart, they will continue the general design of the art so the entire series matches rather than changing things midway through.

On another note, I knew about the rumor that there are supposed to be 20 seasons and then they're stopping production. But I only felt like going up to the current season. ;)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I hear what Seth is saying to some degree. I never understood people that started complaining about cover art. If the cover's cool- good, if it's not cool- who cares. But I will say that I hope that the covers look close to what Alex has come up with:)

Alex, the only part of that that's rumor is that they'll stop at Season Twenty.

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I should also point out that I personally don't care what the cover really looks like. The above pic just demonstrates my personal preference for what they should be. A different cover won't stop me from buying the sets.

As for the rumors about the magic number of 20, I don't know what to believe. Since maybe season 13 or so, there have been rumors that "this will be the last season" but the show keeps going. Who knows, maybe we will hit 20 and they'll go on trying to hit 25...

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
I managed to find enough head shots to complete the look. Pic in the first post now shows the change.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
That is really cool Alex! I dare you to come up with art for up to 25 seasons. :) If that happens, that means we probably wouldn't get season 25 on DVD (or whatever format is around then) until 2025. :D

Nathan Phillips

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm... My shelf will stop after #7.

(Actually, I may eventually get subsequent seasons because there are a few gems buried in there and the extras might be neat, plus I'm a sucker for having The Complete Set, but I won't be running out on release date to grab them after season seven.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks