Josh Steinberg

Film Editor
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I preordered this the second it was announced but I haven’t found the time to watch it yet. I think I’m gonna have to act a little more urgently on this. Great review, and thanks for reminding me that I need to get to it!

Mark McSherry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark McSherry
For me, one of the best moments (~49:30 mark), is when Brenda Marshall drops the flowers in the garden---

We see Flynn with a slight smile, then a cut-

To the image of Marshall facing the camera in the middle distance, Flynn with his back nearer the camera-
All framed by an archway with clinging flowers.

And while we hear the subdued but lush Korngold score, the camera slowly advances through the archway as Flynn steps to help Marshall.

Projected on a large screen, it's both gorgeous and sublime.

Sea Hawk.jpeg

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Film Editor
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Yeah, I’m psyched! I had a backlog of titles to write official reviews for and now that I’m nearly at the bottom of that pile, I can give this attention it deserves. I haven’t seen this since WPIX in NY would air it on weekends in the 80s!

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
Yeah, I’m psyched! I had a backlog of titles to write official reviews for and now that I’m nearly at the bottom of that pile, I can give this attention it deserves. I haven’t seen this since WPIX in NY would air it on weekends in the 80s!
Man, you're in for a real treat then as I think this was one of the best BD releases in the last year.

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rowenajmille