What's new

The Scenes That Had You Laughing Til Your Eyes Watered and You Were Breathless... (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
A few of mine:
I was 13 when I saw IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD at the Boston Cinerama Theater, and with all the audience laughing around me, it was easy to find this movie absolutely hysterical. Especially funny: Jonathan Winter's destrcution of the gas station.
THE GROOVE TUBE. The moment I realized what I was looking at during the "Public Service Announcement" at the end, I lost all composure, dropped an entire boxfull of Milk Balls out onto the floor, and was on my back on between the seats. Couldn't get my breath. Hadn't happened before that and hasn't happened since.
WAITING FOR GUFFMAN. The end credit sequence, and the MY DINNER WITH ANDRE action figures gag. I may have been the only one laughing, and maybe the fact that it was such an in-joke made it seem all the funnier.
What are YOUR biggest movie laughs?

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
The entire sequence in Romy and Michelle....not to give anything away (for those who haven't seen it)....
with Lisa Kudrow and a certain run in with a limo. I laughed out loud for the next 20 minutes! Also a few moments later when she takes the microphone and states "I can't find my top!" Classic :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I've laughed pretty hard, but the last time I laught THAT hard at a movie was when I saw the unrated version of American Pie, when his dad walked in and saw him laying on the kitchen counter with his....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
!!!!
And their's a scene in Dumb and Dumber that kills me so bad I nearly shit my pants everytime I see it! It involves Jeff Danials, Lauren Holly, and a lightning fast- pitched snowball to the face!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
"How can I heal, when I can't feel time?"
Leonard from Memento
[Edited last by John Williamson on September 06, 2001 at 11:21 PM]
[Edited last by John Williamson on September 06, 2001 at 11:22 PM]

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Bringing Up Baby: the scene where Kate Hepburn's dog runs off with and buries Cary Grant's priceless and irreplaceable dinosaur fossil. A dog and his bone... :)
------------------
sgon.jpg

"Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins - leave death to the professionals!"
"Mind if use that line in my next western?"

John Torrez

Second Unit
Scott I agree, that movie has many great lines.
"Hey Sandy, you look rich! I mean great."
"Will you excuse me, I cut my foot earlier and my shoe is filling up with blood."
"My name is Romy and I'm an alcoholic."
"I heard he invented some kind of special rubber." "You mean like for condoms?"
Another movie with great lines is the Albert Brooks movie "Mother".
"Oh my goodness, a brand. What's the matter mother, don't they make Nu-Nuts?"
"You actually named the clear hard crap that sits on top?"
"Oh dear god, this tastes like an orange foot!"
"I like my cheese in ounces. When they start weighing as much as a Fiat, I stop being interested."
"We're not intimate dear, we just have sex occasionally."
------------------
"They're all gonna laugh at you!"

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Dr. Frankenstein ("that's Frawnkenstein") stabbing himself in the leg with the scalpel.
His encounter with the constable in the courtyard while the corpse sits on the cart.
Midgets dancing around a 30" Stonehenge in This is Spinal Tap.
Corky St. Claire's desire for an encounter with a sperm whale in the deleted scenes of Waiting for Guffman.
[Edited last by Hugh Jackes on September 07, 2001 at 09:28 AM]
[Edited last by Hugh Jackes on September 07, 2001 at 09:28 AM]

Armando H

Agent
The diner scene from Dumb and Dumber, where they poison the guy by accident. The Hippo scene from Ace Ventura 2. The conference room scene from Liar Liar.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
Fred Williard's scenes in Best in Show.
Spinal Tap, "This one here has the ole tagger on it."(Guest describing a guitar that hasn't been played."
Anything Monty Python
------------------
Joe Dahlen
"Take hold of the flame, you've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain."

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Charlie Chaplin strapped into the feeding maching in Modern Times.
Demonstrating how the lowly butler consumes a drink in The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie.
Every single time Hume Cronyn appears in Shadow of a Doubt.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here--this is the War Room." from Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
Every single Buster Keaton or Marx Brothers movie I've ever seen.
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"People always clap for the wrong things." - The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Anyone in the Vancouver, BC area interested in meeting up? If so, click here.
Please sign the online petition against Warner Brothers' recent non-OAR releases. Click here.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Armando, many scenes involving Jim Carrey had me pi$$ing in my pants.
A couple scenes that had me laughing to the point of needing surgery:
Dumb and Dumber: The scene where Harry (Jeff Daniels) has the sh#ts after Lloyd (Jim Carrey) put laxative in Harry's drink. The picture of Harry on the can with his legs in the air and all the sound effects had me rolling the aisle when I saw the movie in the theater back in '94.
The Nutty Professor (modern version with Eddie Murphy): The scene where Sherman (Eddie Murphy) takes Miss Purdy (Jada Pinkett) to his family's home for dinner. All the talk and farting is a riot. "Hercules! Hercules!" I saw this one in the theater in '96 and turned blue from all the laughing.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
There's Something About Mary:
Spoiler:The masturbation scene in the bathroom, and the subsequent answering of the door. The bodily fluid hanging from Ben Stiller's ear had me crying for the next several hours, even after the movie was over! And when he was looking for it and glances up at the bathroom ceiling!
I just about lost all control after seeing that scene!
laugh.gif
I couldn't believe they got away with showing that!

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
Me,Myself & Irene - That damn whisting nose bit, i couldn't stop laughing.
Austin Powers - The steamroller scene in part one. The first time I saw it, it was the ONLY scene I thought was funny.
Phantom Menace - I about lost it when Anakin says "I'll try spinning, that's always a good trick."
Titanic - the ship sank!!! OK I was drunk, and not in a very "serious" place at the time.
anything from Dumb & Dumber
------------------
Crash
"I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

Will K

Screenwriter
I'd have to say the entire "Frenchman" segments in Monty Python & The Holy Grail, especially the first time I saw it. I think it's just the funniest s*it I've ever seen.
------------------
My Scary DVD Collection

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Numerous scenes in Me Myself and Irene, Dumb and Dumber, and American Pie...
laugh.gif

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Buster Keaton - trying to get obstacles out of the way of the slowly moving train in 'The General.'
TSAM - the opening 'franks and beans' scene and the scene where Mat Dillon tries to poison the dog
Pulp Fiction - Travolta and Jackson arguing like a married couple after Travolta blew away their buddy in the back seat.
[Edited last by John_Lee on September 09, 2001 at 12:00 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks