What's new

The Puppet Master DVD Collection (1 Viewer)

Ivan Berisic

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like your opinions on this boxset. Is it worth buying, are the movies good in the gore department etc.?
Also, the opinions on other Full Moon releases like Vampire Journals, Crash And Burn, Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama etc. are welcome.
------------------
[Edited last by Ivan Berisic on August 03, 2001 at 09:25 AM]

Rob_C

Stunt Coordinator
Sorority Babes is a classic in the same way that a Troma film is a classic. Actually as some good gore and lots of nudity.
As far as the Puppet Master movies go, there is gore but less as the series go on. The first 2 was good horror films. 3 was bad. 4 was great, then after that the series really fell apart.

Ryan Patterson

Stunt Coordinator
You may want to try to rent them first, as the series requires a certain taste.
I'm totally opposite from Rob_C: I *loved* the third one, found the first & fourth to be weak, and the second & fifth downright terrible. Puppetmaster 3 was the first movie I saw of the series, which was fine because it told the origin, but then I found 1 & 2 didn't follow the continuity very well. Puppetmaster 5 was like watching a gruelling 90 minute TV show. I haven't watched any others since then.
Full Moon productions made tons of these low-budget horror/sci-fi movies... like Trancers, Dollman, Arcade, etc. Most of the time, the scripts are written as poorly as the budget, but I can see why they draw a cult audience.
My 2 cents,
Ryan

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
I saw these for sale and I have a thing for box sets and I am a sucker for Horror/slasher type movies, So I will be getting these soon.
I only saw the first two and I enjoyed them so what they hey if you got the money and are into a slaher horror type movie pick up the boxset.
You only live once, ( well maybe twice if you include the after life )
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
C:WINDOWSDesktopbsmoke.art
" Chicks cannot hold dey smoke, that's what it is "

Erik Pontius

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Puppet Master set. I enjoyed all of them from a novelity standpoint. I like the first the best, II & III were good, 4 & 5 were not so good, Retro was interesting, since it was a little bit of a different look, but still lacked a bit. And I'd agree with the other posters, that the continunity wasn't all there between films...
I bought the set when it first came out a while back, think I got it for a discount.... DVD Empire looks to be selling the set for under $60, not a bad deal for 7 discs and a trailer disc.

David Ruiz

Second Unit
Does anyone know where I can get this collection since ALL of the online stores say that it's Out of Print, and they will NEVER get any more? I'd like a "STILL SEALED" copy if possible.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to ressurect such a long-dead thread, but in this case it's even appropriate. Anyway, I was just thinking about the Pupper Master movies, and I'd love to get the boxset. It's selling on eBay for over 200 bucks, which is insane. What's the deal with Full Moon? Why don't they reissue it? There was a recent Sci-Fi TV movie made, which would be the 8th - if I'm not mistaken - entry in the series. The two latest entries are pretty much freely available, but the other ones, collected in the box, are long gone. Why is that?

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
What's the deal with Full Moon?
It turned out that, for most of the films in the series, Full Moon didn't actually have the right to release it. The video distribution rights to these films were actually held by Paramount. Full Moon had to discontinue the set, along with a number of other discs that were part of the Paramount deal.

DJ

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
So what's keeping Paramount from re-releasing these? I mean, obviously, if people are willing to shell out over 200 bucks for seven campy movies, with bad A/V - then they can make a $70 boxset with remastered A/V and make that money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks