What's new

Shout! Factory's 2011 DVD Line-Up (Tentative) (1 Viewer)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Thomas T said:
My "Holy Grail" for films not yet released due to music rights problems is Looking For Mr. Goodbar but I fear it will never see the light of day on any DVD format in my lifetime. I do have the laser disc but it's not wide screen and could use a cleaner transfer.
http://www.thecinemascopecat.blogspot.com
Someone really needs to make a list of films that are held up due to rights issues.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Corey3rd said:
then that's the december release.
Sure it's going to be worth the wait. Shout have brought out some very good double feature DVD releases.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Tested out my copy of Bad Dreams and Visiting Hours, and it was worth the wait. On early viewing, both films have good prints with Bad Dreams having the edge (vibrant colours). Very much hope Shout do another horror film double feature DVD next year in time for Halloween.

cliff mac

Insider
GregoryMesh said:
Any chance to see higher resolution cover for Streets / Angel in Red ? :)
ea7bb80d_Streets_AngelInRedCover72dpi.jpeg

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
GregoryMesh said:
Streets and Angel in Red is Shout Store exclusive
Ouch, now I have to think about that one. Last time I bit on a Shout store exclusive, it turned into a quad release that was cheaper than the double I originally purchased (The Warrior and the Sorceress / Barbarian Queen).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Streets and Angel in Red is now available to buy on Amazon.com Marketplace. However, unlike the Simon & Simon: Season Five boxset, the seller is only shipping to US destinations.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
WaveCrest said:
Streets and Angel in Red is now available to buy on Amazon.com Marketplace. However, unlike the Simon & Simon: Season Five boxset, the seller is only shipping to US destinations.
Yeah, just saw that on Amazon. They want $20 for it, whereas it's $15 plus shipping on Shout's site. I just ordered a copy from Shout. I wonder how those folks decide what to make an exclusive and what gets a wide release. It seems to me that this title would have a large potential audience and benefit more from being on a store shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks