What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Practice 2/22/04 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
James Spader continues to deliver as the most compelling aspect of "The Practice".

Can't wait to see Alan pull the rug out from under the Betty White character. I think everything I've seen Betty in recently has her playing a pretty despicable character.

Also can't wait for Alan to make a fool out of the cop with the grudge on Alan. The prosecution has given Alan an opening when they subpoenaed the priest. And they cremated the murder victim.

Poor Jimmy, being exploited for his looks by Alan can't feel all that good.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Someone needs to tell Eugene that his firm (and the show) are dependent on Alan's character. The contempt for Alan by others in the firm could actually imitate real life - they are over shadowed (but still working) by the life Spader has breathed into this ailing firm.

This has become one of the more watchable shows this year and Bobby's whinning and maritial issues are long gone. The script and quirky characters make for a fun hour Sunday nights. Long live Alan Shore!

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

Yeah, they need to back off of Alan. He brought in the last 6 million dollars including the 2.75 million from this case alone. Bobby had the whole firm work on smaller, less revenue producing cases than this one.

James T

Screenwriter

When Alan said the reference to Jimmy looking like he doesn't read, I was just laughing. There are more funny moments in this season's Practice than the last few seasons of the Simpsons.

But I missed the 3/4 of the episode, but was able to watch the last 10 minutes. I don't know how much I missed, but the last bit was pretty interesting. I guess Alan was right with his assumptions on the old lady.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I'd like to see something daring like Eugene actually firing Alan and then watching the firm struggle for a few weeks..you know not getting any good clients, worrying about bills and then finally going hat-in-hand to ask Alan to come back. It'll never happen though.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I have only watched 2 eps this season, but this isn't the practice I used to love. In addition to what I have seen, from what friends have told me, this Shore Guy doesn't have much respect for the law. Which may be cool, but it goes against the very basis of this show: conflict between morality and the letter of the law. That is what made the Practice. How these people could use the law to accomplish both great, and absolutely horrific things. They weren't knights in shinny armor, or obnoxious people with sensitive sides. Far far from it.

So, again from what i have seen, Alan Shore is terrific, but he doesn't belong in the Practice. I will readily admit that I may need to see more this season.

--
H

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
I think Alan Shore's character actually does fit the foundation of what The Practice was built on...just a more contemporary version.

Bobby's firm was known as a law practice that cut corners, took on strange clients and always fought hard for the little guy. Alan Shore does that and adds a little spice to the mix at the same time. His apparent lawlessness is always carefully mixed with the end result - helping the good guy. He also keeps the scripts from becoming predictable - a curse of last years messes.

The firm is still looked at the same by Boston clients and judges - a firm that doesn't play by the rules but has a conscience and Alan Shore is a larger than life representon of those qualities.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You think she could have savagely killed the woman in the manner that was depicted? I'm sort of hoping it's the wife.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, I guess we'll find out in 2 weeks (next week is the Oscars). I wonder how gruesome the flashback scenes will be if it's Betty doing the bludgeoning.

Alan Shore isn't going away unless James Spader wants to leave. Alan Shore is the shot in the arm that this show needed after being revamped at the beginning of this season.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

Strike 2.

Sorry guys, The killer is the mother (Jill Clayburgh's character). ;)

They do have a good one going here, with three legitimate suspects. Or maybe 4, I'm not sure about that priest...

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Let's hope it isn't some of the tricks from last year.....at the last frame of the show the suspect who is set free winks at us and smiles.

Spader has single handedly saved this show. Last season was a drag...This season, the complete opposite. I hope it gets extended for one more season, would love to see more of it. The writers deserve some kind of award.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Nope. Betty White’s character made the telling statement, “I’m a Christian woman.” Anytime you see this the character turns out to be the bad guy - it’s Kelley’s lame and unimaginative stock and trade.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks