What's new

Pre-Order The Plague Dogs (1982) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
184358_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
As of right now, it looks like it will sadly be the edited version, though apparently they didn’t bother to get in touch with Martin Rosen for the uncut print, or so I’v gathered from the other forum. A member there got in touch with him to ask about this release, and Rosen wrote back to him that he was going to get in touch with the licensors about this issue. Hopefully, it will work out in such a way that the uncut version will make it on here, especially since I’ve never seen this film in any version.

Last edited:

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I don't think a decent print exists of the uncut version. At least, when it has shown up prior to this it has been in pretty rough shape. If it's a situation where they could only include one version of the film and they decided to go with the version that had the highest quality, I can understand. As much as Watership Down is a stone cold classic, Plague Dogs is virtually unknown outside of hardcore Richard Adams or Rosen's Watership Down fans. Them and, you know, people who really enjoy having their soul scooped our of their bodies via their tear ducts during the opening five minutes of a film. It's a tough sell to almost everyone. I'm glad I've seen it and I can certainly appreciate the artistry on display in the film, but it's not one I pull out very often.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I hope the uncut version makes it to disc, even if it’s lesser quality, I have no interest in the shortened version.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It would be preferable to have the unedited version of the film; however, that it has finally made it to Blu-ray at all makes it an automatic purchase for me. If there is enough interest for the film, maybe a future release will incorporate the unedited film. One thing is for certain, we won't see any possibility of another release if this one doesn't sell.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Shout Select has posted an update stating that they’ve gotten in touch with Martin Rosen and are even now working to find good elements for the uncut version of this.

We have heard your concerns loud and clear! We have located director Martin Rosen and are working together in hopes of finding film elements for the extended cut of the film.

The process will take a little bit of time so we are moving the release date of the Blu-ray to TBD while we work on this. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned!”

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=450664475330493&id=105455976518013&__tn__=*s*s-R

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I don't think a decent print exists of the uncut version. At least, when it has shown up prior to this it has been in pretty rough shape. If it's a situation where they could only include one version of the film and they decided to go with the version that had the highest quality, I can understand. As much as Watership Down is a stone cold classic, Plague Dogs is virtually unknown outside of hardcore Richard Adams or Rosen's Watership Down fans. Them and, you know, people who really enjoy having their soul scooped our of their bodies via their tear ducts during the opening five minutes of a film. It's a tough sell to almost everyone. I'm glad I've seen it and I can certainly appreciate the artistry on display in the film, but it's not one I pull out very often.
My soul scooped out of my body via tears. All I need to pass.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Well, I don't know, I have seen many depressing films, and I'm easily depressed and easily cry in movies, but I don't understand why I don't find this and Watership Down AS depressing AS many say.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If they cannot find good elements then put the uncut as a bonus DVD with the actual edited blu Ray version, hopefully they find them.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
If they cannot find good elements then put the uncut as a bonus DVD with the actual edited blu Ray version, hopefully they find them.

I've seen the uncut and it's good enough for me.
Wouldn't it benefit a bit more if it's scanned in HD than release the same SD version in DVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks