What's new

The original Chipmunks THE ALVIN SHOW, NEW 3 Stooges, FELIX toons ? (1 Viewer)

CIULLOCAMNY

Agent
Real Name
CHRIS
I hear that HB is opening up thier library this year and releasing a lot of the 1960's and 70's classics. Would be nice if other cartoon distributors would also get on the bandwagon. THE ALVIN SHOW (with Clyde Crashcup) would be a real eye opener. Would also like to see THE NEW 3 STOOGES toons with the original voices of Moe, Larry and Curly-Joe. These were always entertaining because each toon would have live-action color footage of the Stooges interspersed in the shows. Would like to see a collection of FELIX THE CAT as well. I know that there has been some DVDs released of the Stooges and Felix, but some are pd and not actual studio releases. SONY Wonder did release a unedited 10 episode disc of Felix a number of years ago, but, These really need to get a makeover and get thier just desserts to a box set of complete collections. RIGHTY - OH !

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
There were 260 Felix cartoons made, which would be a nice 2 box sets. They did Magoo and Dick Tracy, each of which had exactly half that number of cartoons (130).

As for Alvin, does anyone know if they were shot in color? I'm assuming yes but since I haven't seen it on television since the 60s when I had a black and white set, I don't really know.

Mark Y

Screenwriter

Yes, "The Alvin Show" episodes are in color.

There are 26 of them. Some clips were used in a couple of music-themed VHS releases in the early 1990s, issued by Buena Vista. Not sure what their status is currently...I've heard "rumors" of a planned release, but so far, all that's come out have been single-volume discs of the later (1980s/1990s) versions.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'd love to see "The New 3 Stooges" again. I used to own a VHS tape when I was a kid which contained a number of episodes. I'd be ecstatic if it ever came out on DVD.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
I know it's not 60-70's but they really should put both seasons of the Pirates of Dark Water on DVD.

Mark Y

Screenwriter

Two reasonably professional volumes of "The New 3 Stooges" have been released by Rhino. Almost the entire series (minus one cartoon) was released on VHS by Embassy Home Video in 1985-1986. The entire series is public domain, by the way, and various cartoons can be found on any number of dollar DVDs. The Rhino ones, though, are the best available in terms of quality. They aren't perfect, but they are the best of what's currently out there.

Mark Y

Screenwriter

Is it OK to link to these?

The only issues here are: the opening titles are a little soft focus and have a retroactive, after the fact copyright notice superimposed on them (nice try). Also, references to "Heritage" and "TV III" have been spliced out of the closing credits. These are intended to be chronological, but a few later titles are subbed for some missing ones...I'm not sure what happened there.

http://www.amazon.com/Three-Stooges-...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

http://www.amazon.com/Three-Stooges-...619992-6131951

Volume 1 contains:
#1 (That Little Old Bombmaker) (Soldiers)
#2 (Woodsman Bear That Tree) (Lost)
#3 (Let's Shoot The Player Piano Player) (Campers)
#4 (Dentist The Menace) (Bakers)
#5 (Safari So Good) (Orangutan)
#6 (Thimk Or Thwim) (Flat Tire)
#7 (There Auto Be A Law) (Fan Belt)
#8 (That Old Shell Game) (Fishermen)
#9 (Hold That Line) (Dentists)
#10 (A Flycycle Built For Two) (Janitors)
#11 (Dizzy Doodlers) (Artists)
#153 (The Chicken Delivery Boys) (Decorators)
#13 (Movie Scars) (Golfers)
#14 (A Bull For Andamo) (Hunters)
#15 (The Tree Nuts) (Weighing In)
#16 (Tin Horn Dude) (Telegram)

Volume 2 contains:
#17 (Thru Rain, Sleet And Snow) (Buried Treasure)
#18 (Goldriggers Of '49) (Outdoor Breakfast)
#19 (Ready, Jet Set, Go) (Setting Up Camp)
#20 (Behind The 8 Ball Express) (Rare Bird)
#143 (Droll Weevil) (Caretakers)
#22 (To Kill A Clockingbird (Golfers)
#23 (Who's Lion?) (Flat Tire)
#24 (Fowl Weather Friend) (Caretakers)
#25 (Wash My Line) (Seasick Joe)
#26 (Little Cheese Chaser) (Fan Belt)
#27 (Big Wind Bag) (Weighing In)
#28 (Baby Sitters) (Outdoor Breakfast)
#29 (Clarence Of Arabia) (Electricians)
#30 (Three Jacks And A Beanstalk) (Salesmen)
#31 (That Was The Wreck That Was) (Barbers)
#32 (The Three Astronutz) (Prospectors)

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit
Real Name
Edward R. Moroughan
I've been watching some of these Stooges cartoons on YouTube. They're not bad, not the shorts though of course. I wonder if Rhino will do the rest of them, but since it's been a while since they were released they must have not sold well. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks