What's new

***The Official Omnibus Consolidated IS WARNER ABANDONING SNAPPER CASES? Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I think they will eventually migrate to keepcases. They are doing it on a title by title basis, probably to see how much money it will cost them. In a year or so I think almost all releases will be in keepcases. I hope I'm right; I hate the snapper.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's amazing how many people don't use question marks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do. And I added one, somewhere (and an "n").
I think this sentence should read: "I do? And I added one, somewhere (and an "n")?" :laugh:

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I saw that pic that Kurt used in his sig and i couldnt read any further down...got to flustered. What was this topic about again?

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
I like to change that screenshot occasionally, but I would have to say this is one of my favorites of all time.

Anyway...as much as I used to hate snappers, I've really gotten used to them. At this point, I really don't care if they finally switch.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Die, snappers, die! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I'm glad they're FINALLY using Amaray keep cases for the packaging!:D

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I don't think Warner has stopped using the snapper case. Their newest DVD release, Matchstick Men, is being released with a snapper. I wish Warner would stop using them. Please change to Amaray cases!!

Mark Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
Weird thing is, the Matchstick Men special edition with the soundtrack CD is in an amaray case, but the regular edition is in a snapper.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Snapper cases break easy. They are a pain to snap close. Snapper cases are more likely to break in used DVD bins at video stores.

Be seeing You,
David blackwell

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
"Weird thing is, the Matchstick Men special edition with the soundtrack CD is in an amaray case, but the regular edition is in a snapper."

Warner's been using keepcases for all new 2-disc releases (Matchstick Men+ CD, Mambo Italiano + CD, Matrix Reloaded, Terminator 3, etc.) [not including those WB 2-disc Classics]

While they still use snappers for 1-disc releases. Don't know if this link to amazon signals a change in this though.

I personally don't mind snappers that much...the dvd holder is awesome.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'm not a big fan of snapper cases, but I will say this for them. Of all the DVDs I've bought to find loose inside the case, absolutely none of them were in snappers. In terms of uniformity though I hope they get rid of them, they stick out like sore thumbs on my shelves.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Same with me. I've actually had to print out converts for my many empty amaray keep cases, which is an inconvenience! :thumbsdown::angry:

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
I don't think it's the holder that's keeping the disc in place, but the fact that there's no room between the holder and the front cover, or at least not enough room for the disc to get off......

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Elisha Cuthbert
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I hate snappers too. One thing I dislike most about them is how easy the cover gets light scratches even when taken care of while putting on a bookshelf.

One DVD that I REALLY wish Warner would re-release in a proper case is Superman - The Movie - SE. The cover art is great, but the snapper has to go on such a great, overall DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks