What's new

The Man Without A Face : Mel Gibson's directorial debut (1 Viewer)

Daniel Chia

Auditioning
Hi all,

I've been searching for Mel Gibson's directorial debut, " The Man Without A Face " on dvd for many years now. I know that it was released on Region 2 DVD in Japan many years back, but the image was really washed out and soft.

I was really happy to find a UK Region 2 release recently and bought one from amazon.co.uk . It just arrived and the colours are much better than the Japanese release, but something looks weird with the image. It's like the aspect ratio was all wrong when they formatted it for full screen.

Does anyone else here have a copy of it,and could you please tell me if you think if something is wrong with the image ?

Also, does anyone know whether or not it will ever be released in Region 1 ? It seems like every other Mel Gibson has been released in Region 1 except for this film.

I would be grateful for your comments. :)

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
I may be wrong, but I recall that it was released in Region 1 (USA) in the early days of DVD but was a 1.33 aspect ratio product.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
We got the Scandianavian release at work released by Scanbox I think. Anyway, I looked at the back of it and it said anamorphic widescreen 1.85:1. This is pal transfer, but I haven't seen it for myself. Might be worth checking out though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks