What's new

The Little Rascals Mega Pack Collector's Edition (1 Viewer)

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
I'm a fan of the "Our Gang/Little Rascals" serials. I recently learned that there's a set out called "Mega Pack Collector's Edition". It comes with 88 episodes spread over 11-DVDs (all in paper sleeves). The reviews on Amazon's site isn't very good but I'm still tempted to buy it. Is there anyone here who has it who can tell me if it's worth it? Does it have English Subtitles or close captions? This is the picture of the box:

One more question: Are there any plans to release an official, definitive collection that will include every single "Our Gang/Little Rascals" ever made? Thanks for any help. :)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
This appears to be a bootleg. Buyer beware. I'm not aware of any plans for legal releases of these films in the US although there was a Canadian set awhile back that HTFers seemed to enjoy. A search should turn up this info.

Is it just me or is Amazon carrying more and more listings for items of questionable legality?

Definitely a bootleg. The only authentic DVD set is the 6 disc set from Cabin Fever with a box art resembling that of the original VHS set. That's how you'll know what's real and what's bootleg.

It came from Cabin Fever just before Hallmark bought the rights to the Hal Roach library. It contains VHS volumes 1-12, each disc contains two volumes and the quality is great. Unfortunately, volumes 13-21 never made it to DVD before Hallmark got the rights only to sit on them. As far as I know, there are no plans to release the rest of the restored shorts.

I recommend buying the first 12 on DVD and buy 13-21 on VHS and have them converted to DVD yourself rather than supporting bootlegs.

I'm also a fan of the Little Rascals. I happen to own thelittlerascals dot net (I have to post at least 15 times to actually post a URL. Too many rules here). Stop by and check it out.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
Thanks guys. Ok, I'm definitely not gonna buy the "Mega Pack" then. I don't want bootleg DVDs. I want a high-quality set. It's definitely strange that Amazon is allowing this set to be sold on their site.

Mark, I will look into those DVDs you're talking about. Hopefully we'll see a new official DVD release of the "Little Rascals" someday.

And that's a pretty good looking site you have there. I've bookmarked it and will look at it more closely later tonight when I have more time. :)

LaurenceGarvey

Second Unit
Me, too. And do what he says! The 6-volume Cabin Fever DVD set is terrific and worth seeking out.

For the record, there were 80 Hal Roach-produced sound Our Gang shorts (later retitled "The Little Rasacals") from 1929-1938, and one feature (the disappointing GENERAL SPANKY, 1936).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks