What's new

The King of Comedy on TCM 9/27 (1 Viewer)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Martin Scorsese's The King of Comedy, which is NOT on DVD at this time, will be shown on TCM (Turner Classic Movies) Friday 9/27 at 8:00pm (Central).
As a bonus, it'll be in Letterbox!
I love this movie. It's the only movie I've ever gotten to see in an unfinished state (one of those pre-previews where you fill out the cards after the movie). I loved it then, and when I saw it again upon release. (I don't remember any changes, btw, except for some musical cues).
It's a damn shame this isn't on DVD. I hope this info will be of use to someone.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I believe they are planning a DVD, along with the other Scorsese movies they're doing.
I've never seen this one straight through, always in pieces. I'm gonna wait for the DVD- that'll make buying it more special.
This movie is the only time I like Sandra Bearnhart. :)

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Yes, I believe the DVD is on the way. This is a very good film--a good dark comedy. This is the one Scorsese film that often gets overlooked.

I haven't watched it in a while. I can't wait to see it again. Thanks for the info, Vickie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks