What's new

The Hustler 2.0 Stereo Problem? (1 Viewer)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
When I listen to this in 2.0 Stereo there seems to be an echo which sounds terrible. I'll switch it to 2.0 Mono which takes care of the problem. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this?

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
I watched it last night and had the audio on 2.0 stereo with no problems. Sony DVD player, Pioneer receiver.

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
Yes! I have a Sony DVD player and receiver and there were voices coming from the rear speakers.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
When I listen to this in 2.0 Stereo there seems to be an echo which sounds terrible. I'll switch it to 2.0 Mono which takes care of the problem. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this?
I did. Fox provides bad stereo remixes of many older titles - the new Marilyn Monroe "Diamond Collection Two" discs suffered from a similar problem, though some actually sounded WORSE than "The Hustler". I just listened to the very solid mono track instead - it's much clearer and richer, and it's the original anyway. The stereo spread adds little to the movie - it sounds like "broad mono" and is basically a waste of time. I've heard some good mono to stereo - or even 5.1 - tracks, but these Fox efforts bite...

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I noticed the echo-ing effect as well. The scene in the train compartment was the most noticable. I was "test driving" the Stereo mode just to see what it added and promptly switched to the Mono track when this echoing occurred.

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks