What's new

Pre-Order The Groom Wore Spurs (1951) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
612WzmcP-mL._SL1000_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

The Groom Wore Spurs

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
It's a public domain title. Hopefully, the transfer has been spruced up! The Amazon link tells us nothing other than it's being distributed by Allied Vaughan, a company I know nothing about.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It's a public domain title. Hopefully, the transfer has been spruced up! The Amazon link tells us nothing other than it's being distributed by Allied Vaughan, a company I know nothing about.

I had second thoughts about posting this, but it's a catalog title I figured someone would be interested in. Had thought perhaps this was a Universal title as they often release stuff like this.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Yeah, I’d never heard of either the film or Shoreline Entertainment until today. And learning that the film is PD makes me wary of purchasing it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
It appears that this outfit service many movie app companies that offer older PD product, as well as physical media, thru various sub-brands and under thier SLE moniker. They don't seem to be declairing much in the way of restoration to these films...

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Shoreline Entertainment apparently have a clip of the film on Vimeo, which I assume will be the transfer they’ll be using. While the picture quality isn’t too bad, it’s not particularly good either.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
A surprise! It's a Universal-Int'l title too from the 50's. I thought perhaps Kino might have something like this on their upcoming schedule. There is supposed to be a new deal between them for this year. Hoping for more Universal titles like this. There are so many good ones yet just from that decade alone.

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I was able to find one review for this blu-ray and it doesn't sound great.

"As a fan of classic cinema, I see discs of various quality. However, The Groom Wore Spurs looks like someone found a kinescope or a prehistoric cam feed and placed it on the Blu-ray. Whenever I hear someone say that restoration doesn’t matter, I’m going to whip out this disc. Normally, I’m way more giving on A/V Quality matters than my compatriots. So, it took a lot for me to call out this 1080p transfer."
https://andersonvision.com/the-groom-wore-spurs-1951-blu-ray-review/

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for posting that review. I wanted to purchase this disc, as I have never seen this film, but I had concerns about this distributor and it looks like my concerns were valid. I'll pass on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks