What's new

Pre-Order The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (1966) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

samkydd

Grip
Real Name
Kevin
Any idea if this is only the more recent extended cut with additional scenes using dubbed vocals by Eastwood, Wallach and a Van Cleef soundalike? If so, I may pass on this release, as I prefer the older cut.

The original intention was to have Extended and Theatrical cuts with a facebook poll deciding which would be on UHD with the other being on BR. They then decided to drop the Extended so it will be Theatrical on UHD and BR.
They reached out to the guys who had the IB Tech print and have made corrections. I will wait to see what their color grading looks like.
The reverse side art is from an original Italian poster. Maybe a reissue.

Dennis Gallagher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dennis T. Gallagher
This was filmed in Techniscope (2 perf 35mm). Is there enough resolution there to merit a 4K transfer?

Lil Brutto

Agent
Real Name
LB
Please check out the podcast released today where Devan Scott & Will Ross of Film Formally invited Jordan Krug and I to talk about the history of home releases of this film, a bit about our fan preservation project initiated in 2014 (https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/T...finished-project-lots-of-info/id/17006/page/1) and its contribution to the upcoming Kino UHD release:

You may recall a news article that highlights Will & Devan's efforts to preserve the International Cut. The article caught the attention of Kino who contacted them, and they put Kino's people in touch with us to help out with restoration of the International Cut using the MGM/L'Immagine Ritrovata 4K master as the primary source.

Here's the link to their National Post article:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks