What's new

The Fast and the Furious DVD is awesome!!! (1 Viewer)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
My brother works at a Coconuts and he brought 2 copies home (Jan. 1), 1 for me and 1 for him (he is on visitation with me and my mom...). We watched it for an hour before he had to go to work and he woke me up, but this DD track is so loud and bassy I was immediately up!

Sounds of the exhaust is great and the soundtrack is awesome.

People, you must agree that this is a must own.

Also, the original Gone In 60 Seconds is a must have car movie!!

-Bert

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
I agree.
If there is a definition of a fun action packed movie...this one fits the bill perfectly. The plot isn't gonna win any awards for originality but that is not what you watch a film like this for.
This film captures speed unlike any movie I've seen in recent memory...its intense! And along with all that it has reference audio to the max!
I loved it!
A great DVD and a great thrill ride!
:star: :star: :star: :star: (out of 4)
Filmed in Super 35; 2.35:1

Bill Zerby

Grip
Conetents Edited by Administrator
Members: Please do not post stores or online shops that break street dates. Thanks, Steve Simon

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
I picked up a copy today and watched it this afternoon.
As expected, the audio and video were top notch. It didn't seem to be a real workout for my sub but the surrounds were active during the whole movie, probably more active than any other disc I own.
The supplements are good, including the segment on editing for an MPAA rating which I found interesting. Also, make sure to read the Racer X article from Vibe (included in the bonus features) after watching the film to get more background on the import racing phenomenon.
Great disc all around! :emoji_thumbsup:

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
How lucky is Paul Walker in that deleted scene with Mia and him on the beach!!
Can't belive that scene would of made the film R-rated. So damn lucky!!!!

My mom hated it, said she hated Hollywood for making such an influencial film like this for young audiences. I was urged to slap her, blasphemy!! (j/k)

I then debated with her about "but mom, what about Bond, and the promoted unprotected sex..." "uhb well..ub, Bert.. it was back then" "Mom, ssssshhhhhhhhh"

Awesome, I'm going to countingdown.com to find info on the sequel...

-Bert

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Watched it tonight, and WOW! The DTS track on this has now replaced Saving Private Ryan DTS as my answer to the question "Why do you have all these speakers?" This is without a doubt my new demo disc, and a fun action flick to boot!

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Wow, what a soundtrack. I had to turn my system down. :eek: (neighbors)
Was this not to be released today? I was suprised when I saw it but figured since it was tuesday that this was the day.
A must buy though, if just for demo material.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Yep, I'll be picking this one up later today for sure! Ron's review had me pretty fired up for it, but now I'm really excited to check out this movie. Sounds like it will be another great demo disc and a fun movie to boot.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I was going to wait until this weekend to rent it, but with all the excitement around here I'll rent it tomorrow. Heck it might be better than I think it is and I'll end up buying it.

Jon

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I'm getting up early to drive the 25 miles to Butte, to pick up my copy at WalMart(pretty much my only DVD source within 100 miles, that and Kmart).

And I haven't seen it at all, but my brother insists I must own it because of the Charger(we're Mopar boys) and the action packed racing scenes, he claims it's breath taking vehicle adventure.

Of course our taste in films is usually opposite, so we'll see, but I have a feeling I'm gonna like this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks