What's new

Pre-Order The Fast and the Furious 20th Anniversary Edition (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81PxoLeLXZL._SL1500_.jpg

On the turbo-charged streets of Los Angeles, every night is a championship race. With nitro-boosted fury, Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel), rules the road, turning all his challengers into dust. He and his rival, Johnny Tran (Rick Yune), are the boldest, the baddest and the best. Now, there's new rage on the road. They know he's tough, they know he's fast, but what they don't know is that he's a speed-crazed detective (Paul Walker) with enough drive and determination to come out the winner. With intense full-throttle action, awesome high-speed stunts and full-on, pedal-to-the-metal intensity, The Fast and the Furious puts you in the driver's seat and dares you to exceed all limits.

Bonus Content:

Includes a digital copy of The Fast and the Furious (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)
Features High Dynamic Range (HDR10) for Brighter, Deeper, More Lifelike Color
Feature Commentary with Director Rob Cohen
Dom's Charger
Quarter Mile at a Time
The Fast and the Furious Video Mash-Up
Deleted Scenes with Optional Director Commentary
Hot Off the Street
Paul Walker Public Service Announcement
The Making of The Fast and the Furious
More Than Furious
Tricking Out a Hot Import Car
Turbo Charged Prelude to 2 Fast 2 Furious
Multiple Camera Angles - Stunt Sequence
Movie Magic Interactive - Special Effects
Featurette on Editing for the Motion Picture Association of America
Visual Effects Montage
Storyboards-to-Final Feature Comparison
Sneak Peek at 2 Fast 2 Furious
Ja Rule "Furious" Music Video
Caddillac Tah "PV City Anthem" Music Video
Saliva "Click Click Boom" Music Video
The Fast and Furious Soundtrack Spot
Theatrical Trailer
U-Control: Tech Specs
U-Control: Picture in Picture

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I might pick this one up- I have the first 7 or 8 on BluRay (lost track of which film is where), but this should look stunning with all the colorful cars.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
There's a 4K set of all the films at a very good price if you're wanting the complete series.

$63 right now on Amazon, though I think it's gone as low as $50.

There's probably some room for improvement with some of the movies, but it's a mostly nice set:

I would assume the 20th Anniversary 4K is just a repackage of the existing one.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
$63 right now on Amazon, though I think it's gone as low as $50.

There's probably some room for improvement with some of the movies, but it's a mostly nice set:

I would assume the 20th Anniversary 4K is just a repackage of the existing one.
+1
"U-Control: Tech Specs
U-Control: Picture in Picture"

... what no BDLive ? ;)

Tober27

Auditioning
Real Name
Tober
Skimming the features, there seems to be nothing new here from the previous release.
Am I wrong?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Skimming the features, there seems to be nothing new here from the previous release.
Am I wrong?
Here is the back cover for the solo 4k disk release (from 2018)

1615677159225.png

The cover from the previous solo release
1615677262778.png

Here is the breakdown of special features from another review site ...
Aside from the commentary track, all the special features are located on the Blu-ray.

• Audio Commentary: There was a screen-specific audio commentary on the original DVD release that you can listen to here as a standard audio-only track, or as the basis for "Enhanced Viewing Mode." Toggle this on, and while Cohen is commenting on the movie, a little icon will appear at various times that, if selected, will take you to a small segment of video footage. Throughout, Cohen is full of energy, as if he's trying to cram as much information as possible into 107 minutes. While the director may take the subject matter a bit too seriously (he actually compares The Fast and the Furious to a "modern John Ford western"), he's is also refreshingly honest about the film's arguable failures, such as the lame undercover subplot. If it weren't for Cohen's attempts to be hip by throwing in cringe-inducing bits of street lingo (sorry, those over the age of 40 should not be allowed to say things like "dope ass"), I'd say I came away as a bit of fan.
  • The Fast and the Furious Video Mash-Up (HD): Interactive editing app allowing users to piece together a short video with various film clips and music.
  • Tricking Out a Hot Import Car (SD, 19 min): Hosted by Playboy Playmate Dalene Kurtis, this is essentially an interview with stunt coordinator Craig Lieberman, who shows us how a "hot car" is pimped out. Truth be told, this is actually kind of interesting stuff, despite the tasteless pandering to the T&A crowd.
  • The Making of The Fast and the Furious (SD, 18 min): This is Universal's typical "Spotlight On Location" EPK. Snappy and sleek, we get 2001-era interviews with director Rob Cohen, stunt coordinators Mic Rodgers and Mike Justus, and cast including Walker, Vin Diesel and Jordana Brewster, plus the usual quick-cut behind-the-scenes production footage. Aside from a few laugh-out loud lines ("This is a cast of great depth!" proclaims Cohen), this is totally forgettable fluff.
  • Quarter Mile at a Time (SD, 10 min): Car experts and historians provide some interesting history on the origins of car racing and their love for driving fast.
  • Movie Magic (SD, 7 min): This offers various effects "plates" of three scenes, including the final composite.
  • Turbo-Charged Prelude to 2 Fast 2 Furious (SD, 6 min): An "electrifying" short meant to bridge the original flick with the sequel. However, what is essentially a montage of Walker driving in a car feels more like a long outtake than a narrative short film. Pretty forgettable.
  • Hot off the Street (SD, 5 min): Five scenes that function as extended sequences but would serve better as part of the deleted scenes package.
  • Editing for the Motion Picture Association (SD, 5 min): Since the studio mandate was a PG-13 rating, some judicious editing was required to make the film kinetic and exciting while still not too graphic. Director Rob Cohen and editor Peter Honess take us through an editing session during the process. Interesting stuff.
  • Dom's Charger (1080i/60, 4 min): Vin Diesel and other crew members talk about the car and its role in the series with a few tidbits on its build.
  • More Than Furious (SD, 4 min): Watch and compare Brian's first street race with the original storyboards.
  • Visual Effects Montage (SD, 4 min): Featurette mixing blue screen plates, storyboards, composites and CGI renderings, all to the tune of a grating techno beat.
  • Alternate Ending (SD, 2 min): An alternate finish with Brian and Mia.
  • Multiple Camera Angle Stunt Sequence (SD, 1 min): A bit more interactive are two multi-angle peeks at the film's stunts. "The Multiple Camera Angle Stunt Sequence" offers a view of the final stunt car flip (running just 20 seconds) from no less than eight different angles.
  • Paul Walker Public Service Announcement (SD, 1 min): Exactly what it sounds like with the actor advising viewers to drive safe and not imitate the car stunts of the film.
  • Music Video (SD,): We get three clips, for "Furious" by Ja Rule, "Click Click Boom" by Saliva, and an "Edited for Language" version of "POV City Anthem" by Caddillac Tah.
  • Deleted Scenes (SD, 6 min): Collection of eight deleted and extended scenes with optional director's commentary track.
  • Trailers (SD): The original theatrical preview is joined by a sneak peek to 2 Fast 2 Furious.
This appears to be a new cover/slipcase - possibly with an updated (ie not "expired") digital code.

The original solo release announcement:

Last edited:

Tober27

Auditioning
Real Name
Tober
Thanks. I have a/the previous solo release, and wanted to make sure there's nothing new for me here. It seems to be the same disc, with all the same features.
Thankfully mine doesn't have that green cover, and the new one is somewhat more attractive.
Can we just have original theatrical poster art for covers now? Or reversible for both.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
So how does the first film look in UHD? Passing marks?

I thought it looked fine. Not a beautiful image, but any "issues" were probably due to the original photography:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks