1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Order The Day After (1983) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    66291_front.

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    I can still remember that very unsettling moment when they showed all the outgoing missle trails in the sky. It gave me unpleasant chills. Will have to wait for a better price.

3. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick
    If you're into the topic of nuclear war and its after-effects, I'd recommend THREADS over this, as it is much grittier and doesn't spend as much time on romantic sub plots. But THE DAY AFTER is certainly sobering, and if you forgive the inclusion of a dozen or so old atomic bomb test footage shots that you've probably seen fifty times before, the depiction of the blasts is grim indeed. Another highly recommended title is TESTAMENT (1983), which is a quieter, non-physical destruction program made for Public TV and starring Jane Alexander...this is perhaps the most devastating of the three. But it's a Paramount title and OOP on DVD. Amazon is streaming it for three bucks.

4. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    I would add the excellent HBO film By Dawns Early Light starting Powers Boothe and Rebecca Demornay.

It’s my favorite of all of them. So powerful. Wish it were available on Blu.