What's new

The cure for AIDS? (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Given the disparate social/religious and political reasons for things such as war and hunger, I think that's a grossly oversimplistic and unsupportable contention. It makes no sense to say that "megaproducers" and "industrialists" can manipulate all such factors at their will, to whatever degree they desire.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I sort of assumed that my second paragraph was so over the top that no one could take the first one seriously.

Thanks Joe—writing is obviously very easily misunderstood.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Its ridiculous to believe that every single person who worked in creating a cure would be silenced and allow the mighty corporations to profit by not releasing it. I could see a few key players, but every scientist and doctor involved? Please...

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams

I'll just say this...there's more money in the medicine then the cure. Perhaps there's a few scientists and doctors that know and are made to look like kooks. Who knows?

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams

That doesn't make sense to me. Isn't HIV the virus that weakens the immune system enough to cause AIDS?

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Yes, the virus does weaken the immune system by attacking key immune cells. However the immune system does recognize the virus and mounts a decent defense to it which is why it takes years before the AIDS condition appears.

Jeff

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Right. Because, as we all know, the "cure" wouldn't also be a "medicine", and there wouldnt' be any money to be made by selling the "cure".

Also there's only one drug company on the entire planet, so there's no chance that company "A", which doesn't have any drugs that are currently part of a recommended AIDS cocktail, would want to compete with company "B", which does, by curing the friggin' disease. It isn't like they Humans aren't stupid enough creatures that we wouldn't keep contracting and spreading the disease even after a cure had been developed. We've had cures for syphillis and gonnorhea for decades and those diseases haven't disappeared. They've just stopped leading to blindness, sterility, madness and death. The mere fact that cures exist has made people less careful about sex (which contributed to the spread of AIDS.) Whoever invents an AIDs cure will be able to sell it for many years.

Then there's the fact that all drugs have a built-in time limit during which maximun profits can be reaped. Patents expire. So, again, there is no economic reason not to develop the cure for AIDS and get it to market. It isn't like whoever does this won't be able to charge more than the cost of the current drug cocktails, and by the time the last AIDS patient is found and cured (if ever, see above) the patent on the drug will be long expired anyway - just as the patents on the current "cocktail" drugs are expiring.

Finally there's the fact that history blows all this paranoid horsecrap out of the water. All of the same half-wit "theories" about the mega-secret BIG BUSINESS-GOVERNMENT-BILDERBERGER-FREE MASONS-QUEEN OF ENGLAND-JEWS-UFO conspiracy to keep the AIDS cure out of our hands would apply equally well to all the other STDs which have already been cured, to polio, to smallpox (which now exists only in laboratories) and to a thousand other diseases which have, in fact, been cured. Why were those diseases cured? Could it be that the Tri-Lateral Commission and the Council on Foreign Relations somehow slipped up and let those cures get through? How could that be? I thought they were omnipotent?

Regards,

Joe

"The reason no one could ever make a movie about what really happened with Jim Garrison's 'investigation' of Clay Shaw is that you couldn't cast it. The Three Stooges are all dead."

Mike_Mig

Stunt Coordinator
I watched something on PBS today about research that was done in a small town called Eyam where alot of people didn't get the plague even though everyone else around them did. Their research led to some interesting discoveries which also pertain to HIV and AIDS.

Here's a link to the story

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks