What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Following the death of Joseph Stalin in 1953, the Soviet Union began a cultural thaw under Stalin’s successor Nikita Khruschev that would last for the rest of the 1950’s; one who would benefit greatly from this in Soviet cinema was Georgian director Mikhail Kalatozov. Although he had been working steadily since the late 1920’s, it was during this decade that he would gain international exposure with The Cranes Are Flying, which, in turn, would also re-establish the Soviet Union’s place on the world cinema stage. Criterion had previously released the movie on DVD, but they have revisited it with a Blu-ray upgrade.

The Cranes Are Flying (1957)

Released: 21 Mar 1960
Rated: Not Rated
Runtime: 95 min

Director: Mikhail Kalatozov
Genre: Drama, Romance, War

Cast: Tatyana Samoylova, Aleksey Batalov, Vasiliy Merkurev, Aleksandr Shvorin...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
It's been many years since i have see the Criterion dvd so i will have to revisit it soon and the last time i saw it i also viewed Ballad of a Soldier which i liked even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks