What's new

The Corrs: Which recordings? (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I just heard the new Corrs Live in Dublin CD and I really liked it. This is, however, a new band for me.
What are their best performances?
What are the best recordings?
:)
Thanks for your input...
Lee

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I'm a fan of all their work. I'd say start with their first cd "Forgiven Not Forgotten" which is heavily influenced by Cletic background. "Talk On Corners" has an amazing rendition of Jimi Hendrix's "Little Wing" and their cover of "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac.

Can't go wrong with these selections.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This is the band that prompted me to become region free and AL-2-NTSC-capable on the DVD player front because I had to have "The Corrs At Lansdowne Road" DVD (their most pure concert DVD) and "The Corrs: MTV Unplugged" DVD (a really nice collection of songs in the Unplugged fashion).
The MTV Unplugged concert is available as an import CD as well.
They had 2 concert DVDs that are Region 1/NTSC: "The Corrs - Royal Albert Hall" (features Mick Fleetwood on 3 songs) and "The Corrs - Live In London" (a little too slick, but overall a good concert) which are both good DVDs to get if you enjoy them.
Their albums (in order of my preference)
1. Forgiven Not Forgotten
2. Talk on Corners (if possible try to find the European remix version with 15 songs on it - it's the more definitive version, the US version has 12 songs on it). There is the original version that has 14 songs, and the songs are not remixed). I have the Euro and the original versions of this album.
3. Live In Dublin (I love their live stuff).
4. In Blue (just too overly produced).
Here's The Corrs Appreciation thread that I started up a few months ago when Live In Dublin debuted.

Larry Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
I like the Corrs recorded live performances much better than their studio albums. I just got the unplugged a month ago and it is awesome? Andrea looks great as usual. Like I said before the best part about the Live in London dvd is the behind the scenes documentary. It shows Andrea rehearsing in black tank top(no bra!) and it must have been cold in the arena.:D .
Little wing rules on live in dublin listening to this cd right now as I type this at work.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Friends,
Many thanks for the information. I really enjoy this group. Great harmony and writing.
Patrick,
Greetings fellow Georgian! I gotta work on the region-free issue.
Larry,
Also big fan of Little Wing.
:)
Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks