What's new

the bug has hit (Onkyo or Outlaw) (1 Viewer)

Jeff SN

Auditioning
Well, I've decided it's time to scratch the itch. Currently i have an Onkyo TXDS 595 and I feel like a change. I'm debating between two receivers the Outlaw 1050 or another Oink (TXSR 700). I've heard and/or played with the Oink many times, but have never even seen an outlaw yet have read many things about them. So based on the ability to get both for roughly the same price, which would you get?

Michael Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Given the two choices, I would chose neither. Your current receiver is already pretty nice. The Outlaw has been out for a couple of years now and it wouldn't even add DPLII to your current setup. I am not familiar with the new Onkyo 700 but since it's in the same price range as the Outlaw 1050 I can't imagine it being much more then entry level gear as well. My suggestion would be to wait. Either for new technology to come out or wait until you can get some flag ship level receivers or seperates. Then you will really hear/see a difference in the upgrade.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
The Onkyo 700 adds pre-outs (that are not present on the 600.) The 700 sounds like the way to go.

The Outlaw 1050 is a great receiver - but, as Michael pointed out, the receiver is a few years old now and would not give you DPL II.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks