What's new

The art of bridging an amp, a question. (1 Viewer)

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
I finally plunked down the money on my new HT and have some questions. As I am coming from a Bose system I fell the wool has been lifted from my eyes to reveal what a mess I've gotten into, and the fact that I know almost nothing of what I'm doing. Here's the breakdown

I got B&W604's as my fronts, I am going to be using a Rotel 1066 to power them, 6X60 amp and want to bridge it to get more power. How do I do that? For the surrounds I've got 2 pair of B&W602 and center is an LCR600; these will be powered by the Rotel 1075, 5X120 amp. I'm going to be using the Rotel RSP 1066 as my pre/pro and the good folks at SVS are suplying the Base with dual 16-46 CS+s.

I need to know how best to bridge the amp to get similar power to the fronts. I also need to know how to connect the receiver to the amp, specifically if I need special speaker wire. Do I use leftover speaker wire from the rest of my system cut to length or do I need to get extra wire? I don't need a discussion of whether tis better to spend extra money and get expensive cables or get home depot's finest, and I'll spare my decision to keep it on topic.

Thanks for the help,

Jeff

PS My wallet is not very happy at me since you guys here convinced me to do away with my Bose. I was in hog heaven till you guys shined a light on me. My ears, however, will now be delighted.

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
Jeff: You don't use speaker wire to connect your receiver to your amplifier. You use standard

audio interconnect cables. The same as you would use to connect a CD player to your receiver.

You can decide what quality of interconnect cables you want to use.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
deleted post ref'd biamping, not bridging. sorry for any confusion.

Jeff, see yr post on the OTHER forum...

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
That link didn't work. I'm scared now so I don't know if I want it to work.

Lee-c - thanks for the info.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks