What's new

The 2013 American Idol #12 HTF RAF MEMORIAL TOP TEN CHALLENGE (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
List of AI finalists:- 01. Paul 02. Burnell 03. Curtis 04. Devin 05. Lorenzo 06. Candice 07. Janelle 08. Angie 09. Amber 10. Kree and of challenge participants:- Yee Ming (entry recorded) Aaron Silverman (entry recorded) Patrick Sun (entry recorded) Phil Taylor (entry recorded) Nolan J (entry recorded) NYSandy (entry recorded) MattCR (entry recorded)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Sure, what the heck. RAF lives! :) 1. Kree 2. Angie 3. Burnell 4. Candice 5. Devin 6. Curtis 7. Lazaro 8. Amber 9. Paul 10. Janelle OK, I still haven't watched since the auditions, but I read some blurbs on the singers on the MTV site. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Placeholder (just for bragging rights or wrongs). Found it sort of tough to rank them this season, just have no clue as to who will catch fire with the voting audience. 01. Devin Velez 02. Angie Miller 03. Burnell Taylor 04. Curtis Finch Jr 05. Candice Glover 06. Janelle Arthur 07. Lazaro Arbos 08. Kree Harrison 09. Paul Jolley 10. Amber Holcomb

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Place held for suckage list... :P AND...... Annual Suckage lineup ready to be shredded by "Ameica's Vote". :cool: 01. Janelle 02. Angie 03. Burnell 04. Amber 05. Kree 06. Devin 07. Candice 08. Lazaro 09. Curtix 10. Paul Let the carnage begin! :P

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Not absolutely sure how many weeks to go, but since Ryan said the top 20 gets reduced to a top 10, I'd guess entries open next week!
Come on folks, as RAF used to say, "you've got to be in it to win it!" And a nice friendly competition adds interest to your AI viewing all around -- assuming you still watch AI, that is...

NolanJ

Second Unit
01. Candice Glover 02. Angie Miller 03. Burnell Taylor 04. Janelle Arthur 05. Kree Harrison 06. Curtis Finch Jr 07. Lazaro Arbos 08. Amber Holcomb 09. Paul Jolley 10. Devin Velez

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
And we're off! Entries now open! And no worries if you haven't put a placeholder, just post your predictions! The AI producers threw us a slight curveball: instead of having a Final 12/13, they've gone straight to a Final 10. Which means we must place all 10 in our predictions, and don't drop anyone off our lists. This does change the dynamic of the challenge a bit, but listing all 10 is IMHO clearly the better way forward, rather than tweaking it to predicting the Top 8 and omitting two names. Any strong objections, please let me know. And notwithstanding Ryan's reference to a sing-off for an additional spot on the AI Tour, I'm assuming the Top 10 do indeed perform next week, so our challenge closes 8pm EST on Wednesday, March 13. Now that we actually have to think about it, I must confess I'm baffled. While IMHO Curtis and Devin are far away the best male singers technically, this show has never been just about that. And the other predictor that has held true for 5 straight season, "a WGWG will win it" is out the window -- there's only one WG and he doesn't appear to play guitar... and he's just not that great a singer either. On the girls' side of the equation, Candice and Amber are good powerful singers, but the other three hold their own as well and have different characteristics that appeal to different voters, e.g. Janelle is the sole country singer so she locks in the country vote, Kree could go for rock-chick, while Angie is both singer-songwriter (literally) as well as being potentially the only cute teeny-bopper. It'll be interesting!

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Annual Suckage lineup ready to be shredded by "Ameica's Vote" and placeholder edited with fodder. :patriot:

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Calling Aaron and Patrick: your entries are due! And of course, anyone else who wants to participate but hasn't posted in this thread before is most welcome to do so! Just get your entry in before the performance show starts!

NYSandy

Grip
Real Name
Sandy
Hi ... I remember RAF working on this contest so since I've been watching a little Idol I thought I would participate....here is my list: 1-Angie 2-Kree 3-Jenelle 4-Paul 5-Candice 6-Amber 7-Lazaro 8-Devin 9-Curtis 10-Burnell Thanks Yee... I know it is work, it brings back nice memories. Sandy

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Entries now (obviously) closed; sorry I couldn't do the necessary housekeeping earlier, but 8pm ET was 9am the next morning for me and I was busy with work. A very warm welcome back to NY Sandy, RAF's other half! I think I speak for all of us in saying that we all miss RAF too. And welcome MattCR too! It's a smaller challenge this year, just the seven of us: let's see who sucks the least!

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
One other thing to apologise for in advance: I'm away this weekend, so can't post results till I get back on Monday evening (Monday morning ET). So no, I wouldn't have forgotten about our challenge in just the first week already, I'm just indisposed.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Oof, with the migration, it's already been two weeks. I'll post each week's results separately so we can still see how our Challenge progresses.

With Curtis being eliminated, Phil and NY Sandy were just one place off, and now lead the pack:-

Phil Taylor 01
NY Sandy 01
NolanJ 04
Aaron Silverman 04
Patrick 06
Yee Ming 06
MattCR 07

Matt unfortunately placed Curtis quite high and took a 7-pt hit for his troubles. Patrick and I weren't that much better off.

In retrospect, while Curtis is a good singer, for some reason he doesn't seem very likable -- I placed him high solely on his technical ability, even as I felt some bad vibes coming off him. Too cocky? Can't quite place it, the point is that I just didn't get the warm and fuzzies from him.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Bye bye Paul! No surprise there, and indeed FIVE of us got this spot-on, which surely must be some sort of a record.

Phil Taylor 02
NolanJ04
Aaron Silverman 04
NYSandy 06
Patrick 06
Yee Ming 06
MattCR 07

Sorry Sandy, you got this way off. Phil, for all your talk of suckage, right now you're doing really well! Bottom two swapped around for just 2 points, the top 8 intact for minimal further losses; whereas in contrast, e.g. Nolan and Aaron will take higher hits the further Devin and Janelle respectively progress in this.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Phil Taylor said:
Place held for suckage list... :P AND...... Annual Suckage lineup ready to be shredded by "Ameica's Vote".
01. Janelle
02. Angie
03. Burnell
04. Amber
05. Kree
06. Devin
07. Candice
08. Lazaro
09. Curtix
10. Paul
Let the carnage begin! :P
Quoted and edited to reduce suckage of the new forum formatting of my original list (din't see a way to edit my original post) --- and don't worry it's way early yet - there's still time for plenty of suckage.... :P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks