What's new

Thanks, MGM, for the great Midnight Movies...but don't forget BURN WITCH BURN! (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This is a marvelous, scary film based on Fritz Lieber's Conjure Wife. The excellent Orion Laser contained not only a commentary from screenwriter Richard Matheson, but also the original British title sequence ("Night of the Eagle") and a black-screen audio intro featuring the hilariously over-the-top voice of Paul Frees. While I'm at it, another bug in your ear for SOLDIER BLUE in its widescreen, R-rated edition, please.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Another emphatic vote for BURN WITCH BURN on DVD, hopefully with the Image LD's extras (noted in Dick's post above) included, as well as the original theatrical trailer (which was one thing the Image LD version didn't offer).

Also, some much-wanted sci-fi from MGM:

THE QUATERMASS X-PERIMENT (1956)
PANIC IN YEAR ZERO (1962, 16 x 9 anamorphic)
THE LAST MAN ON EARTH (1964, 16 x 9 anamorphic)
MAGNETIC MONSTER (1953)
GOG (1953)

Not to say that I'm unhappy with the slate of horror goodies that have been announced for release by MGM this August, as they are choice, and I'll definitely be picking up most of them. Thanks much for tackling those, MGM.

Donald W

Stunt Coordinator
yeah I'm hoping that also sooner or latter they put out Witchfinder General*UNCUT please* and Blood on Satan's Claw

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks