What's new

Thank You FOX for including spanish language (1 Viewer)

Ruben_R

Auditioning
I would like to take the time to thank FOX for thinking about the many Spanish speaking Americans out there. Time and Newsweek had articles out during the summer that showed new census data that Mexican-Americans are the fastest growing minority in the United States! I personally love my 5.1 home theater system.....but it is such a joy to share The Phantom Menace and soon...The Planet of The APES with my parents and my in-laws who do not speak a word of english. So far I have talked 2 brothers,2 brother-in-laws and a few cousins into buying dvd hometheater systems.....you know what finally hooked them.....I lied (shame on me) but I told them that most DVD's had Spanish language tracts. Fox is very smart for going after that "new" market. I am sure that Fox will see higher sales on their DVD's with Spanish language tracts ...So again....Thank you FOX....From me and my family
------------------
Whats up with that?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
My wife is a Spanish teacher, and I, too, was pleased with Fox's approach to offering both French and Spanish alternate audio versions in Region 1. If the bit budget allows, it's nice to have both, but if not, separate releases are the next best thing. Choice is a good thing. Muchos Gracias, Fox!
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I've noticed MGM has been including Spanish on most DVDs, even on recent movies. Warner seems to have forgotten Spanish even exists as a language anymore, but it looks like they've now gone back to at least including Spanish subtitles on their newer DVDs. Universal still seems to have inconsistent support of the Spanish language, with some having both dubbed tracks and subtitles but others not having Spanish at all (but French is still included!) Most puzzling is Dreamworks which seems to have gone English-only.
To those who say Spanish should be left off since Mexico is in region 4, I say So What??? People here in the US speak Spanish too! (Spanish isn't my main language, but I have studied it for a long time and always appreciate being able to hear the dubbed tracks when they're available. I listen to the French tracks for my own amusement too.)

Ruben_R

Auditioning
I just wanted to add.....now that I have seen TPM in spanish, I finally know what JAR-JAR Binks is saying!
------------------
Whats up with that?

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
My grandmother loves to watch older movies such as Harvey in Spanish. Thanks to all the studios who include spanish-language tracks on their dvd releases!
------------------
My top ten movies that need to be on dvd:
1. Akira Kurosawa's Dreams 2. Freaks 3. Men With Guns 4. The Ninth Configuration 5. The Reflecting Skin 6. Santa Sangre 7. Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8. Voyager 9. White Heat 10. Wings of Desire

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I just wanted to add.....now that I have seen TPM in spanish, I finally know what JAR-JAR Binks is saying!

Are you sure? The translator/dubbing crew could have just made something up that seemed correct in Spanish(and probably did), or similar. You don't know what he's REALLY saying because of the wacky dialect that he uses. You'd be better off using the english subs.
Jeff Kleist

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks