What's new

texas chainsaw massacre 1974 blu ray question. (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Ok, a few years back I bought the 2 disc remastered dvd from Dark sky.I was pretty impressed with the transfer.So how is the blu ray , is it worth the upgrade ????

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
What I think is great about the film in HD is that the video noise is no longer an issue. Which is the case for many horror films and films with darker scenes, video noise seemed to be a issue within the blacks. The BLU makes this a great reason for the purchase. I used to own the two disc steelbook DVD edition also, and every other DVD edition before that including the laserdisc special edition and the BLU out does them all. I don't think it will every look better than it does now.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Some of the errors that were present on the dvd (some sound effects were missing or changed on the mono track) were corrected for the Blu-ray. I haven't seen the dvd, but it seems to me that the BD is as close as you'll get to watching the actual film. It's also a great example of how 30-some year old low budget movies can still look good, if there is enough time and money spent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks