What's new

Tape Camcorders a thing of the past (1 Viewer)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I recall Trevor Schell was looking into one of these. Pretty cool, although the media is expensive.
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no messiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Hi!,
I actually have the Hitachi DZ-MV100A DVD-Ram Camcorder which is outstanding.
I have had mine since the end of August. Just in time to film my Daughters first day of Kindergarten.
This is outstanding technology. Whenever you pause or stop in recording, a chapter is created. When playing back the DVD you can skip to whichever chapter you want by highlighting the thumbnail image on the large 3.5" color LCD screen, in which you are taken directly to that part of the disc..
Audio is recorded in Dolby Digital.
The remote is also a nice addition.
The really sweet thing about the DVD-Ram Discs is that you can slip them out of the protective case and play them back on DVD-Ram capable DVD players. The Panasonic RP-91 is capable of playing these discs.
The Hitachi DZ-MV100A is exactly identical to the Panasonic VDR-M10. They would have been made by the same designer.
Highly recommended,,,I would never buy tape and waitied for this technology to come available.
BTW..I paid equivelant of $1,799 U.S. for mine.
My%20Pictures0082DVD.jpg

---------------------------------------
---------
Trevor..
Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
*Outdated pictures due to recent upgrades!
[Edited last by Trevor Schell on October 27, 2001 at 08:09 PM]

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
The DVD-Ram discs are about $60 CDN apeice.
However, My unit came with two bonus discs.
You can record 60 minutes on each side of the disc in Standard mode and 30 minutes each in Fine mode.
The video is DVD quality.
------------------
Trevor..

David Werner

Stunt Coordinator
Why not buy the Pioneer DVR-7000 MSRP $2000 and get a DV camera that has the IEEE-1394 interface?
Convenience I'm going to wait on this as I hope they will be able to incorporate a 5" disc to have more storage capability. Accessibility of tracks instantanously is great and one feature I wish I had on my camera.
TrevorHow does it handle low lighting? And how is the picture quality for stills? Do you need and external flash? Thanks.

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
The Camcorder has a built in flash so an outboard flash would not be needed.
I have a Kodak DC-4800 Digital 3.1 megapixel camera so have no use for the camera feature of the Camcorder. I haven't tried it though
Also I have not filmed in low light so I can't answer that question.
The video that I have taped is extrememly clean,clear and color is very vibrant.
I just picked up a Panasonic RP-91 DVD player today and will use it to play back the discs once it is connected.
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Marty Neudel

Stunt Coordinator
I edit my videos on the computer, making the source medium relatively unimportant. With 60 minutes of uninterupted High Quality recording time and lower media cost, Mini-DV still represents the best choice to me. I then write(or copy) the edited product to the final medium (usually VHS, since that's what my family and friend's have*).
Marty
* - Most of their DVD players will not read the various recorded DVD formats.
[Edited last by Marty Neudel on October 30, 2001 at 06:11 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks