Release Date: 9/7/2004
Pre-Order Date: 7/27/2004
Studio: Image
Catalog Number: ID9654CODVD
UPC: 014381965421
Additional graphics

Main Genre: TV Classics
Sub Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Synopsis: Blast off for excitement with television's first science fiction hit! The trendsetter for such shows as The Twilight Zone and Star Trek, this live weekly program features a strong roster of guest stars and gripping storylines still fascinating today. This collection from the first season features Academy Award winner Paul Newman, horror legend Lon Chaney, Jr. (The Wolf Man), Phyllis Kirk (House of Wax), Zachary Scott (Mildred Pierce), Lee J. Cobb (The Exorcist), Victor Jory (The Miracle Worker), Lola Albright (Peyton Place) and many more! Episodes include: All the Time in the World, Flight Overdue, Ice from Space, Age Of Peril, Sneak Attack, Test Flight, Verdict from Space, World of Water, Miraculous Serum, Frankenstein
Product Features:
Audio Format: Mono
Screen Format: Full Frame
16x9: No
Color: B&W
Region Code: Region 1
Original Languages: English
English Dubbed: No
Other Languages: None
Subtitles: None

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator
Wow ..can't say I've ever heard of this show but it sounds like its right up my alley ...I love 50s Sci-Fi ....Blind buy for me for sure :emoji_thumbsup:

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
Terrific news. Although I tend to prefer old-time 'filmed' series over the 'live' ones, I thoroughly welcome this. I seem to recall a few episodes circulating on video long time ago, during the early video days. But, I haven't seen any examples since. I'll definately get this the moment it comes out! A marvelous surprise.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Good news. While not a great show, an interesting look at very early TV science fiction and certainly better than the cut to shreds airings on Sci Fi channel.

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
Well, this came out yesterday, and I picked it up. One nifty thing is that the episodes appear to include the original commercials. The first episode was a bit of a snoozer, but I'm glad it was included for historical purposes. I've enjoyed the others I've viewed, though. The "Frankenstein" episode does manage to exude a certain surreal creepiness, regardless of Lon Chaney Jr.'s inebriated state. I found the episode "Sneak Attack" rather disconcerting, in light of 9/11 and airplanes utilized as WMDs. All in all, a nice little collection of admittedly 'primitive' early-tv fare. I'll be around for another volume, if Image intends releasing one.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
TvShowsonDVD.com is reporting a planned November 20th release of volume 3 of "Tales of Tomorrow" from Image Entertainment.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7206

After two previous volumes from Image, I thought for sure that there would be no more, but apparently more of the kinescopes were available. It's somewhat surprising for a live show this old that quite a few of the kinescopes were saved.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Oddly enough I downloaded the few Mp3s files I could find of the radio version of "Tales of Tomorrow" last night, and today at work I heard one with Dick York as the lead! These are from early 1953, so the TV version of this series actually pre-dates the radio one by two years.

Even though the ToT radio program only ran for 3 months, it's quite good in its own right. Stories are taken from noted science fiction authors, whose short stories had been published in Galaxy Magazine. This show is similar to two other 1950s radio series: Dimension X and the best of the audio-only best X-Minus One -- neither of which unfortunately ever made it to television.

Here's a short cut to some of the episodes: www.divshare.com/download/433888-eda

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks