Takeshi Kitano's Sonatine - Region 1 anytime soon?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CharlieChu, Dec 6, 2001.

1. CharlieChu

CharlieChu Auditioning

Like the title says, is Sonatine going to be released anytime in the near future in Region 1 or Region 0?

2. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I haven't heard anything on this but I would like to see it. Kitano has an interesting style. It took me a while to "get into" his movies, but once I did, I really enjoyed them. BTW, this will probably get moved to Studio and Manufacturer Feedback... [​IMG]

3. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

It was distributed by Rolling Thunder/Miramax in the US, like Chungking Express. I'm not holding my breath waiting for either on DVD, though a few other Rolling Thunder releases, Mighty Peking Man and Switchblade Sisters have made it on the format.

4. John Sturge

John Sturge Stunt Coordinator

I still pisses me off that most of his films have not been released without commentaries, which are needed for mainstream film lovers to understand the sometime confusing scenes.

Enjoy Fireworks and Brother for now!

5. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

There are currently no version of Sonatine with English subs. However, Bullets N Babes says its coming from the Tokyo Bullets label http://www.bulletsnbabesdvds.com/article.php?sid=623
    I haven't seen any of their discs so I don't know how the quality is or if it'll have english subs.