What's new

Tailgating in the SEC (1 Viewer)

Jin E

Second Unit
THought I would share a couple of pics for you guys up north to see what transpires at a typical Auburn football game.
This was our tailgate spot. YOu can see our RV in the background, our white Z71 tailgate complete with DSS and 27" color TV.
http://www.mindspring.com/~jine/Awbuhn_0004.jpg
Overhead shot of the site.
http://www.mindspring.com/~jine/Awbuhn_0017.jpg
This is what is call the Tiger Walk. The street that the football players will walk from the Sewell Hall to the stadium is lined wit about 50-60 thousand people to cheer the team on. This happend about 2 hours before kickoff. This picture does not do the quantity of people justice. The road goes on quite a distance up the hill, but the view is blocked by the two trees.
http://www.mindspring.com/~jine/Awbuhn_0015.jpg
These next two pics are of the area surrounding our RV. A mile radius is completely covered in cars and RV's tailgating. This is only one side of campus though where the RV's are at. The campus is equally as covered with people tailgating. This was just the tip of the ice burg.
http://www.mindspring.com/~jine/Awbuhn_0020.jpg
http://www.mindspring.com/~jine/Awbuhn_0021.jpg
Yes, we like our football down here in Bammer!

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
I didn't go to Auburn, but both schools hate UGA, so I guess that's something in common. I hear GT and Auburn are going to have a home/away football series soon; unfortunately the Tech tailgating situation is pretty poor.

Where do you get the little DSS dish tripods I always see on ESPN College Gameday when they show the tailgaters?

Van Patton

Second Unit
You call that tailgating?!?!? LOL. Go to Neyland Stadium before a UT home game. Now that is some of the best times anybody can ever have! 105,000 rowdy fans all together in a small area with beer and smoke in the air. GOTTA LOVE IT!!!

Tony G

Stunt Coordinator
A subject near and dear to my heart. We tailgate in Knoxville every home game. Quite the experience, but I don't have pictures. We're on top of a garage, so I don't have a tent.

Matt: I had one of the tripods, but got rid of it when I got one of the DSS dishes in a briefcase...bought it on Ebay. I take my DSS setup to Knoxville and watch games on the ESPN Gameplan every week.

Jin: Maybe we can arrange something in a couple of years when UT and Auburn have their home and home. We would have a handful of UT and Auburn fans for a nice party in each place.

Tony

Steven K

Supporting Actor
I've been to many a college football game... and I have to say, there isn't a stadium that I would rather watch a game in than Neyland Stadium. Tennessee college football is truly in a league of its own.

Next year is the year for my Vols!

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I envy some of you. I swear that Kentucky Football fell somewhere into the depths of hell and would like an extended stay.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I've been to Neyland Stadium, can't say that I like it as much as Auburn, but it ok. Auburn's campus is by far the prettiest in the SEC. The best looking girls in the SEC by far goes to Ole Miss (secondest best is Auburn of course). Everybody is going to be biased towards whatever school they go to anyway. Just my .02

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
The SEC has the best football overall, anyhow. We all know that. :D
But where else can you go up river and 'Boat-gate'? Woo-hoo! On the Tennessee River just down from Neyland Stadium (which, by the way, is the largest college stadium - maybe Michigan's is this week, they swap back and forth so much).
I've been to several SEC campuses (Ole Miss, MSU, Vandy, Alabama, and Georgia) and liked them all (notice there's a Pilot gas station within 1 mile of each of 'em? :))
but I have to go with mine...the Pride of the South band marching down Andy Holt (though I liked it better before they filled in that part in front of Hess/Melrose Halls) avenue..ah, the sweet smell of fall football air...:emoji_thumbsup:

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I'm biased towards tailgating at Penn State. I also went to Illinois for grad. school. Both of my alma maters are annually ranked in the top ten for tailgating, though I am not really sure why Illinois makes the list. I guess there are a good number of tailgaters there, but I never thought it was such a big deal in Champaign-Urbana.

Jin E

Second Unit
Where do you get the little DSS dish tripods I always see on ESPN College Gameday when they show the tailgaters?
YOu can buy pre-fabed tripods at radio shack and over the internet. They are a bit pricey though. We made out own out of some aluminum pipe.

I used to live in Kingsport, and went to many a game at UT. I do prefer the tailgating atmosphere at Auburn, there is not enough open space in and around downtown Knoxville. At Awbuhn it's like a big campout. I just hope that GT loosing their coach will hurt them a lot, cause I work with several GT alum and would hate to have to listen to them!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks