What's new

T2:Metal Case (Artisan to help in replacing cases) (1 Viewer)

James St

Supporting Actor
My email was sent Friday but I haven't gotten anything yet. I'll give it another day or two before sending a second email.

Magnus Nord

Agent
I just got my t2 : ee , ordered it from dvdsoon.com .. i got a note with the dvd that said to be careful when i opened it because it was very tight and you could easily hurt the case inside.

The instructions told me to push from the top slowly down, and i did.. and i just got a tiiiiiiiiny tiny scratch on the bottom of it.... so im pleased =)

lets hope people have my luck with it.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Mine was stuck fast, so I just got a pair of scissors and popped the two rivets on the spine. Then I folded open the case and thought I'd find a non-scratched cover - but no such luck. There was a mangled bit of the cover at the top of the case, so I'm gonna email Artisan and see if they'll send out a replacement to me here in Blighty.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I got my replacement case from Artisan last night. It's the plastic keepcase, plus the paper sleeve. No new non-gougy metal box. But I hadn't asked for one, so it seems the CSR was correct.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I received my replacement case yesterday. Man, that was quick. I sent the email out about it 8 days ago. Came with the replacement case and artwork. I thought about putting it in the metal case to see if it would fit this time, but I think I will pass.

ChrisLemon

Grip
So was the standard turnaround time on this for most folks about 8 days? We're headed up on two weeks for me and I still haven't gotten anything yet...I'm wondering if I should call them or email them again....

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
I received my replacement case last week from Artisan - just the DVD case, but no cardboard cover to replace the metal cover. The second time around it was easier to slip the metal cover over the DVD, but when I pushed the DVD package out, I got a small nick at the top of the DVD cover from the metal case. I said, "That's it," and I threw the metal cover away.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
So was the standard turnaround time on this for most folks about 8 days? We're headed up on two weeks for me and I still haven't gotten anything yet...I'm wondering if I should call them or email them again....
Chris, I'm in the same boat you are.
I'm tempted to email them again.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Guys-

Just out of curiousity, I'd like to ask if you would look at your cases at the ends, where the opening is on top or bottom. So I can compare, my metal case is not square. In other words, the top end is angled or twisted when you compare both ends. Just hold it in front of you and sight through the case, through the open end Mine is so twisted, it's no wonder they are all causing the inner DVD case to stick.

Thanks. Nelson

ChrisLemon

Grip
Oh yeah, mine is twisted all to heck. I specifically went through the bins at Costco and tried to select one that looked like it was in good shape, too, but I dunno if I just picked out a bent one, or if it got bent in the cart (tho I didn't pile anything heavy on it), or if it got manhandled through checkout (again, don't think so)

Again, nice idea, poor execution.

Thanks to those who replied about turnaround times...I checked, and it seems it's been about 10-12 days for me. So I'll give 'em the weekend and if I don't have anything on Monday I'll call 'em and rattle a couple of chains. I'm hoping the delay enabled them to send me the cardboard slipcover, too...I mailed about the box on Sunday (the 10th) and then mailed again on Tuesday (the 12th) when it was reported they would include the cardboard sleeve if you asked for one.

Band of Brothers had a great metal case....T2 stinks..it tore my inner case as well. I have sent off my email..thanks to those who provided it.
John

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Mine showed up today... but had I known about the optional cardboard slipcase, I would've requested it as well! Luckily I've got a roommate, and she's already send 'em an e-mail... so hopefully we'll score both. I mean honestly, do they think we're gonna just stuff the replacements back into that metal monstrosity? The cardboard slipcase should be issued automatically with every case replacement.

ChrisLemon

Grip

I agree, it should, and I suspect eventually it will. I get the feeling that Artisan's very much not used to having to do this (which is probably a good thing), and they're feeling it out as they go along. And all of that considered I think they're doing an okay job. They won my full support when they immediately came out, acknowledged the problem, and said they would and have made every effort to make it right. Other, lesser companies would say things like "Well, it's not REALLY a problem...can't you just live with the misframed scenes?"

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Chris, I agree... to a point. But Artisan isn't actually fixing the problem... they're merely fixing the damage caused by the defective component (the Amray case), not the defective component itself (the metal slipcase). We're still left with something that we can't use without running the risk of repeating the damage. What they really should do is modify the design of the metal slipcase, perhaps making it roomier inside and minus the jagged edges, and issue those to all of us who have been stung by this situation.

...oh, and while they're at it, maybe they could give us a remastered RESERVOIR DOGS! :D

ChrisLemon

Grip

That would be nice, but I also see where it would be prohibitively expensive, especially for something that was supposed to be a limited-run extra anyhow. I would imagine, if they were going to pack ALL of the DVDs like that, forever and ever, they might do something like that.

Frankly, if they use this as a learning experience, and either think twice before they do the metal slipcover again, or make damn sure it's designed right, that's all we can really ask for.

I think that replacing the keep-cases and the internal art (those components the slipcover damages) is the appropriate gesture, and offering to send the cardboard slipcovers by request (although I do think that shouldn't be a "by request" thing, they would have impressed me more if they just did it automatically as an apology) is a big step to creating goodwill.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
I sent an email about the case a couple of weeks ago and got this in reply:

Thank you for inquiring about Standing In the Shadows of Motown (T2: Extreme DVD).

Artisan Home Entertainment only has rights to provide licenses to view the High Resolution DVD-ROM version of the film inside the United States of America. Unfortunately at this time it is not possible to acquire a license to view this content outside of the USA.

We appreciate your interest in the film and hope that you enjoy viewing the standard version of the film on your Region 1 DVD Player.

Best Regards,

Artisan Home Entertainment

Nowhere in my email did I mention the HD version, all I said was I'd love it if they could send a replacement case to me here in the UK! I guess that's a no then...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks