T.H.U.G. Those who played XBOX & PS2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by dave_brogli, Dec 26, 2003.

1. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

ALright I used to have a PS2 and owned all Tony Hawk Games. THe controls (with the shoulder buttons) seemed completely fluid.

Now Im contemplating buying it for the xbox and dont know if the controls are gonna have the same feeling. Does the xbox controls have that right feeling?
    Thanks guys
    dave

2. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

No question go with the ps2 version, as the online features are plentiful. You have well over 50 levels with goals to download(CAP's), and a slew of gamemodes to play. This is important because offline the one player mode doesn't last long at all.

3. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

The Xbox games feel a little closer to the Dreamcast THPS games than the PS2 games, IMO.

-Dave

4. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

I went with the PS2 version for one small petty reason(aside from online play) and that is the shoulder buttons. On the XBOX version of 4, not sure about THUG, you had to press both shoulders to do a spine transfer, but on PS2, it was just ONE BUTTON. That made all the difference to me while playing. Petty yes.

Also, my cousin has a ps2 and no XBOX, so that was an easy onef or when I want online play.

5. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Any EA game that sports online capability will likely have the edge on the PS2.

6. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

thanks guys, i picked it up and i love it! The only problem is, if I had a choice between PS2 and XBOX I would pick up the PS2. xbox is fine though,

but remember I dont have a PS2.....[​IMG]

7. Doug Schiller

Doug Schiller Supporting Actor

I was torn and bought both.
    With the controller S, I don't see much difference in controls, in fact, I pull off some of the diagonal tricks (madonna) better on the Xbox.

If you have HDTV, the Xbox is the way to go. To see it running in 720p makes the PS2 version look like something on the Nintendo 64. No joke, the difference is that much.

The load times on the Xbox are probably twice as fast also.

I do love the downloadable content on the PS2 version. You can check out some of the goals other users have created.

Doug