What's new

T.H.U.G. Those who played XBOX & PS2 (1 Viewer)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
ALright I used to have a PS2 and owned all Tony Hawk Games. THe controls (with the shoulder buttons) seemed completely fluid.

Now Im contemplating buying it for the xbox and dont know if the controls are gonna have the same feeling. Does the xbox controls have that right feeling?
Thanks guys
dave

Damien

Supporting Actor
No question go with the ps2 version, as the online features are plentiful. You have well over 50 levels with goals to download(CAP's), and a slew of gamemodes to play. This is important because offline the one player mode doesn't last long at all.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
The Xbox games feel a little closer to the Dreamcast THPS games than the PS2 games, IMO.

-Dave

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I went with the PS2 version for one small petty reason(aside from online play) and that is the shoulder buttons. On the XBOX version of 4, not sure about THUG, you had to press both shoulders to do a spine transfer, but on PS2, it was just ONE BUTTON. That made all the difference to me while playing. Petty yes.

Also, my cousin has a ps2 and no XBOX, so that was an easy onef or when I want online play.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
thanks guys, i picked it up and i love it! The only problem is, if I had a choice between PS2 and XBOX I would pick up the PS2. xbox is fine though,

but remember I dont have a PS2.....:frowning:

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
I was torn and bought both.
With the controller S, I don't see much difference in controls, in fact, I pull off some of the diagonal tricks (madonna) better on the Xbox.

If you have HDTV, the Xbox is the way to go. To see it running in 720p makes the PS2 version look like something on the Nintendo 64. No joke, the difference is that much.

The load times on the Xbox are probably twice as fast also.

I do love the downloadable content on the PS2 version. You can check out some of the goals other users have created.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks